04-06 head problems?

Hi.

Anyone know if there has been any problems with the head/valves on the 04-06? I was told this by a dealer, but I think he was only trying to sell me a new bike..

I have an RMZ 250 2006 and they dont have any problems, normally you have to change valves more or less about 70 hours if you are novice or intermediate.

Ok, thanks. Im buying new crank and piston for my bike would wiseco be the way to go? Or is there something better out there?

I always use Vertex high compresion pistons, but I think wiseco is ok.

Cant go wrong with weisco. I have always used them and never had problems.

What would the benefits be of usig a high comp piston versus a std..? Thanks.

The engine is stock, but I have a pro circuit ti4 on the bike if it makes a diference..

You have a bit more of power whit the high compresion piston, because you have more compresion..

What would the benefits be of usig a high comp piston versus a std..? Thanks.

It works pretty well on the 05-06, but You may just use a 07-08 piston, and it will be high compression (just same as 07-08).

luca

You have a bit more of power whit the high compresion piston, because you have more compresion..

.....more heat created, more strain on the components in your engine, jetting diffrences, ect...

If you find yourself thinking that you need more power out of these bikes it might be time to move to a 450 IMO...