Sign in to follow this  

outdoor cover

Sadly, i'm losing my indoor parking at work and need to park my 08 drz 400sm on the street. i'm in san francisco, so i'm worried about the upcoming weather and want something that is waterproof. i'm thinking a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Cover (size large) is a good bet. I searched around the forms, and didn't notice a good answer, so i'm wondering if the experts here have any other suggestions. what do you use?

That cover sounds just fine, but my advice is to be aware of the bike being blown over if it's windy.

If the bike is out in the open and/or not secured from being knocked over, the cover can act as a parachute and allow the wind to knock the bike over.

Something to be aware of.

Sadly, i'm losing my indoor parking at work and need to park my 08 drz 400sm on the street. i'm in san francisco, so i'm worried about the upcoming weather and want something that is waterproof. i'm thinking a Dowco Guardian Weatherall Cover (size large) is a good bet. I searched around the forms, and didn't notice a good answer, so i'm wondering if the experts here have any other suggestions. what do you use?

unless you are sure no wind is going to be blowing i would stay away from the full covers..... unless you want to go out and find your bike laying over on it's side all the time. BTDT :p

use some of this and then you wont have to worry about sun or water damage. :busted:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/glare-polish/glare-polish.htm

KOokaloo! :moon:

Did you ever find a good cover that fit your drz400sm well? I am looking for one right now. It seemed like everyone was warning you about wind but I never saw an answer to your question?

Since your bike was outside, did you get an alarm for it? I had a bike stolen years ago there.

yea, never ended up getting a cover. just parked it outside and luckily never had any problems.

now i have a new job in downtown sf, so i just pay ~$30 for monthly parking in a garage... totally worth the piece of mind.