Sign in to follow this  

How good is the 09 Berg 450s???

For those that own them or have demo rode them tell me how good they are?

I've read nothing but good things about them in the magazines but who knows if you can believe the mags. Well I do believe trail rider.

Just thinking it might be a nice bike to make into a dual sport and something to add to the garage with the 2 smoke.

Thanks

Check out the reviews over at www.husaberg.org

Get one while you can. Only making 3000 units for world wide comsumption. 500 are headed to the states. Most being 450's.

For those that own them or have demo rode them tell me how good they are?

I've read nothing but good things about them in the magazines but who knows if you can believe the mags. Well I do believe trail rider.

Just thinking it might be a nice bike to make into a dual sport and something to add to the garage with the 2 smoke.

Thanks

Yes, very good. Get a 570 it rides like a 400 !.................................................................................................................................................................Have you got one yet?

Thanks just looking for honest reviews and I've read some pretty good ones here and on a few other sites.

No don't have one yet and might not real soon might just wait to see what they come out with in 2010.

It is a Sweet looking bike though with what seems to be some great technological advances to it.

I'm looking at about a one minute faster now on a half hour loop from the best bikes of 2008. So ask yourself if it's worth it for $9500. I'm hoping this bike will last til the electric ones start to dominate. I wonder how they will classify them?? Hmmm.. My guess is this bike will be top dog for 2 years anyway.

I'm looking at about a one minute faster now on a half hour loop from the best bikes of 2008. So ask yourself if it's worth it for $9500. I'm hoping this bike will last til the electric ones start to dominate. I wonder how they will classify them?? Hmmm.. My guess is this bike will be top dog for 2 years anyway.

If you were racing..... a 1 minute time difference on a 30 minute course will bump you up to the next higher class level and if your already an A or AA rider... that should put close to the overall....

That's saying a lot...

I have one and love it.

I only race Vet "B" but I have won my class in my only 2 races on the 09 FE450 if that means anything....

The bike is just soooo easy to ride fast.

I had the pleasure of meeting and riding with Nick Fahringer New Year's Day. He is a Husaberg Factory rider. We traded bikes for a bit so I could test his 450 and he could try my 570 which neither of us had ridden yet. My 570 had a lot more power of course, and I am addicted to big power, so obviously I liked it much better. He still smoked me. :smirk: Nice guy!:thinking: Broke my 2nd front fender, which seems to be the bike's only little Achilles Heel mechanically. Those things are soooo brittle.

Are the fenders just breaking from flex? they look well supported.

Hows the power/torque on the big bore compaired to the 450?

Hi Aytheist1 and ScottyR, Happy New Year!

I am keen to get a suspension setup reference from all owners of the 09 Bergs.

This would be the usual: Type of riding, rider weight, rear spring weight, static and race sags, preload, front forks, clicker adjusts and any comments on handling. :thinking:

You can reply on this thread or pm me , i dont mind. I will transfer your info to the Husaberg (UHE)site so everyone has a reference list for the fe450/570 bergs.

Even if you had yours revalved & setup professionally, i would like to hear from you.

Cheers,

Nick

iv riden 200 2t all my life,,its taken me 10yr to cross over,,just got the new 450...so heres my verdict (bearing in mind iv riden 2st all my life)im 5ft 8, 11st 9lb

iv not messed with any settings at all so staight from the shop...

took it over salisbury plaine,,those who knows this place its great place to test or play on the bike...

found the suspension hoovered everything in its path,so smooth & gave me lot of confidance.the power was v smooth no stutters no jolts just silky....

the cornering was just as good as my 200 if not to say i found it easier than my 200.the steering was v responsesive & effortless...i rekon im quicker thro the woods on it,but this mite be due the smoothness of a 4t or the ease to ride the berg...i cnt really compare it to other 4t but did swp for 10 mins with a mate who got 450 exc 05,,his felt heavier to ride & a bit more hard work..so in nutshell if ur thinking of crossing over from 2t to 4t then i think this is the bike to do it....

iv riden 200 2t all my life,,its taken me 10yr to cross over,,just got the new 450...so heres my verdict (bearing in mind iv riden 2st all my life)im 5ft 8, 11st 9lb

iv not messed with any settings at all so staight from the shop...

took it over salisbury plaine,,those who knows this place its great place to test or play on the bike...

found the suspension hoovered everything in its path,so smooth & gave me lot of confidance.the power was v smooth no stutters no jolts just silky....

the cornering was just as good as my 200 if not to say i found it easier than my 200.the steering was v responsesive & effortless...i rekon im quicker thro the woods on it,but this mite be due the smoothness of a 4t or the ease to ride the berg...i cnt really compare it to other 4t but did swp for 10 mins with a mate who got 450 exc 05,,his felt heavier to ride & a bit more hard work..so in nutshell if ur thinking of crossing over from 2t to 4t then i think this is the bike to do it....

Hi Fakesy,

Sounds nice, i went thro salisbury plain last weekend on my 570, cracking the ice. I travel from bucks so a fair trek on the bike but if you know some good bits we could meet up sometime.

It sounds like the susp is spot on for your weight, damn those turkey sandwiches mucking up my suspension!

Still work out your sags as per manual when you get time and would be great if you can post them onto Husaberg UHE site so we have a reference, look for post in 'suspension and handling', the thread name is 'sags for the 09 Bergs' :thinking:

Hi Fakesy,

Sounds nice, i went thro salisbury plain last weekend on my 570, cracking the ice. I travel from bucks so a fair trek on the bike but if you know some good bits we could meet up sometime.

It sounds like the susp is spot on for your weight, damn those turkey sandwiches mucking up my suspension!

Still work out your sags as per manual when you get time and would be great if you can post them onto Husaberg UHE site so we have a reference, look for post in 'suspension and handling', the thread name is 'sags for the 09 Bergs' :thinking:

allrite nick...i know what u mean about them ice bits...was rideing along then all of sudden thought,shite,whats going on found my self in a 20m broken ice puddle about 18" deep,finally lost control & going for a cold dip:banana:

im not out on the plane untill probly in feb,but will keep u posted so if ur up for it no probs :smirk:

I don't know much about my suspension because I don't do it. I know it is the best suspension I have ever ridden. I'm 200 w/out gear. I didn't like the stock suspension at all. I run 2.5wt fluid, 48's in the front and one size heavier spring in the rear. I have aircells. My lame-o suggestion is to do a proper job on the back but to make the front very soft because all that power doesn't let the front touch down much.

As far as power differences between the 450 and 570, I believe the 570 is superior in almost every way. Motocross would be the exception. The 450 revs faster. That snappiness is neccessary in moto. Everybody seems to be scared of 565 cc's pulling your arms off, shooting you right into a tree, or just looping it out, but the big tourquey 570 is perfectly smooth in power delivery.:thinking:

I have one and love it.

I only race Vet "B" but I have won my class in my only 2 races on the 09 FE450 if that means anything....

The bike is just soooo easy to ride fast.

nice bikes!

Husky is a good bike.Especially for trails.

?????????????????????????? 09 Husaberg thread.

Here's a good video of a test ride http://web.me.com/masterlinkpro/MasterlinkPro.com/Other_Vids.html

I rode the bike in the video (but not that day) and was very impressed. Suspension was good but too soft for my liking. Would be excellent in the woods. Power was very linear and strong. The bike was very flickable and did not at all feel like a 250 lb bike.