Radiator fluid problems

Well after 6 months of my kx 125 being down due to leaking head gasket.. it is finally back in service.. well kinda...I started it up and the bike idled for a mere 30sec.. then out of nowhere radiator fluid spurts out of the radiator cap.. making a big mess....all hoses are connected... so i am clueless?

Are ya sure ya got your headgasket on correctly? Some of those can go on upside down an close ports in the water jacket.

Good Luck!

well i just inspected the overflow tube and it was clogged.. and i mean cloogged!!.. no air could possibly get through this thing... you think thats the problem? im too scared to start it up again ...lol

well i just inspected the overflow tube and it was clogged.. and i mean cloogged!!.. no air could possibly get through this thing... you think thats the problem? im too scared to start it up again ...lol

if the overflow was clogged, that means it probably built up pressure and shot the fluid out of the cap, which means if it is unclogged now, you're probably OK to start it

Coolant never should have got past the cap in the first place. 30 seconds will not overheat the engine. It sounds like compression getting past the headgasket into the cooling system. The radiator cap can't hold back that type of pressure. The overflow tube needs to be cleaned, but is not your initial problem.

If you need help, p/m me and I'll give you my cell#

Coolant never should have got past the cap in the first place. 30 seconds will not overheat the engine. It sounds like compression getting past the headgasket into the cooling system. The radiator cap can't hold back that type of pressure. The overflow tube needs to be cleaned, but is not your initial problem.

If you need help, p/m me and I'll give you my cell#

WALKINGWOUNDED is spot on. Its a head gasket. :busted: