Sign in to follow this  

Can i wash my cylinder head in the sink?

Just wandering if i can wash my cylinder head in the sink without doin any damage to it.I will dry it immediately after washing.

Sweet. I was just wandering if it would damage the valve guides or anything else. I know it may be a stupid question, but i just wanted to be sure

Sure, just blow it alll out with compressed air after your done and make sure you put oil on everything when ready to reassemble. Fill all oil passages with oil too.

Thanks guys. I just locked up my motor:cry:, and am cleaning the head up so i can take some pics. It just messed up the cam journals, but im wandering if it can be fixed or if theres another way to go about gtting my bike back running

Don't wash it in the sink unless it is fully disassembled. You don't want to get water trapped in the valve guides.

When I split a case, I put the washables in the dishwasher.

LOL I should do that. I dont have a Ms. :busted:

LOL I should do that. I dont have a Ms. :busted:

You should get one, they're really not that much trouble---------the dishwasher, not the Ms. :moon:

You should get one, they're really not that much trouble---------the dishwasher, not the Ms. :busted:

:p Very good WALKINGWOUNDED. I have a dishwasher but am working on getting the more expensive appliance the Ms. :moon:

How dare you use your sink as a motorcycle workshop......

Sorry, I just felt like someone should represent your future wife in this issue. I.E. dont for one minute think the rest of us get by with this.

How dare you use your sink as a motorcycle workshop......

Sorry, I just felt like someone should represent your future wife in this issue. I.E. dont for one minute think the rest of us get by with this.

:busted: I'm lookin for the one who's into motocross and I think I might have found her. You almost made me feel guilty for a minute there. :moon:

Thanks for the laugh. This thread was a great read tonight. Even

the wife thought it was funny. I guess we could relate. Lets just

say I have been in trouble more than once for this type action.

One of which was just yesterday......:busted:

The last time I got in trouble with the wife (now ex wife going on 15 years) was putting parts for a 1967 firebird in the oven to harden the paint. And no thats not what caused the divorce. :busted:

sure engine parts in with the dishes air filters in with the wifes delicates just dont add bleach it raises hell with the foam

When I split a case, I put the washables in the dishwasher.

LOL. I just had a thought. Is that why your "WALKINGWOUNDED"?