Sign in to follow this  

Bent footpeg bracket - TTR 125le

I have a TTR 125 LE and my wife dropped it pretty good on the right side and it bent the footpeg bracket enough that the kickstart lever will not go all the way down. Anyone had this problem? Can I bend it back without breaking it off? It looks like it is part of the frame. Would a frame cradle prevent this? I'll try and get a pic up later

frame cradle protects the engine from the bottom from rocks and bumps. Nothing to do with the foot pegs, although it is recommended to get a cradle. I don't think the foot peg is part of the frame, its connected to it. Just remove it and put in another one.

I had the exact same problem with my sons ttr125le. He hit hard on the right side,bent the peg mount up so the kickstart would not clear, also the brake pedal broke away some of the case fins, no great loss. I did some research on this and yes the frame cradle will protect the peg mount from bending as it extends out from the frame farther than the engine case. It could still be bent but with a cradle it is very unlikly. Here is how I bent my sons back. I found a large cresent wrench, 22" long, it had to be big so I could slide a four foot long section of three inch pipe over it as a cheater to bend the peg back down. I simply opened the wrench up to about an inch or so and slid it flat side to the engine over the peg frame extension from the top with the handle angled toward the back of the seat. It bent back easily, in fact he crashed her again and I had to do it over, no problem. It's time for a cradle on his bike for sure, hope this was helpfull,

I think that happens to ALL TTR125s eventually...bend it back with a lever arm...bad design IMHO. If its a consistent problem, you can weld something in there to make it stronger, but the lifespan of a playbike usually doesn't warrant it. I just bend it back whenever the kids do it.

I had the exact same problem with my sons ttr125le. He hit hard on the right side,bent the peg mount up so the kickstart would not clear, also the brake pedal broke away some of the case fins, no great loss. I did some research on this and yes the frame cradle will protect the peg mount from bending as it extends out from the frame farther than the engine case. It could still be bent but with a cradle it is very unlikly. Here is how I bent my sons back. I found a large cresent wrench, 22" long, it had to be big so I could slide a four foot long section of three inch pipe over it as a cheater to bend the peg back down. I simply opened the wrench up to about an inch or so and slid it flat side to the engine over the peg frame extension from the top with the handle angled toward the back of the seat. It bent back easily, in fact he crashed her again and I had to do it over, no problem. It's time for a cradle on his bike for sure, hope this was helpfull,

My BBR frame cradle has no protection for the right footpeg, maybe some other models do

ttr125004.jpg

My BBR frame cradle has no protection for the right footpeg, maybe some other models do

ttr125004.jpg

i love your bike:worthy:

we welded a little strip of metal across the bridge where the kickstarter goes through... it doesn't block the brake lever any, but it does keep the kicker fron going an extra inch or so... it hasn't bent yet, but it might

i love your bike:worthy:

we welded a little strip of metal across the bridge where the kickstarter goes through... it doesn't block the brake lever any, but it does keep the kicker fron going an extra inch or so... it hasn't bent yet, but it might

Thanks, I think reinforcing like you did is a good idea. Mike

great picture! I agree that the frame cradle doesn't wrap around the peg but your photo reinforces my belief that a cradle will absorb some of the impact from dumping the bike over to protect the peg. without it the impact is all on the peg and the engine case. It looks like the bbr goes out at least two inches forward, farther down and wider than the fin case which would definitly offer impact protection to the case and peg when dumped on its side.