Sign in to follow this  

Did you ever KILL on your DRZ

So this happend awhile ago, but I was riding back roads next to a corn field and a rabbit ran right out in front of me. I had always prepard for this because I new it would happend sooner or later. So in 1 second thinking I just squeezed my legs to the tank and held the bars tight. It really didnt shake my bike, it was kind of like a bump...but more like a splat. I turned around to make sure it was dead, and thought to my self: Man im lucky it wasnt a ground hog or something bigger.

I hit a huge snapping turtle with a '73 CB500. I'd a never thought you could get one of them tanks off the ground before that happened. I don't know what happened to the turtle but my shorts were finished.

Nothing that I know of on the DRZ, but I can't say that about the FZR I used to have. Me and a group of riding buddies were headed for Mid-Ohio to watch the Super Bike races there. Short version. It was night. Two lane road. Skunk! I didn't go down, but I got a pretty good shot of skunk funk right on the headers and the hot engine case. I was required to "park elsewhere" for the remainder of the weekend.

FZR600.jpg

Not yet but here in Florida I'm always looking out for a gator when it's dark. Hitting a big one laying across the road while on a bike would be very, very bad. I did hit a garbage man once though. I was passing the stopped truck from the front and he jumped off the back right in front of me. I can still see his hugely wide eyes.

Nothing with the drz yet . But couple years i killed a pigeon with my klx250es , and that day i just had changed the tires...

I killed on my yz85. It was my first time riding, out on El Mirage. Just riding maybe 3rd or 4th gear, and splat, splat splat splat splat splat! I guess i got in the way of butterfly migration =]

I killed on my VRod. I was in 4th gear or so and a bird flew right across my path, nailed my mirror and exploded. Everywhere.

HaHa! I completely forgot about the Hummingbird. I hit one at a very high rate of speed once. I didn't even know what it was at the time. I just assumed it was some sort of big bug. But when I got off the bike, I noticed the the Beak was still inbedded in the right shoulder of my AVG leathers .

Killed a seagull on my CBR once, and some idiot had mowed his lawn and sprayed all the grass on the road right there.

Accidentally locked the front wheel due to the slippery surface, but didn't go down.

Luckily it hit the fork/rotor, and not my helmet. They're rather heavy.

Picked up a stick from the side of the road and made sure the 'gull was very dead before I took off.

So this happend awhile ago, but I was riding back roads next to a corn field and a rabbit ran right out in front of me. I had always prepard for this because I new it would happend sooner or later. So in 1 second thinking I just squeezed my legs to the tank and held the bars tight. It really didnt shake my bike, it was kind of like a bump...but more like a splat. I turned around to make sure it was dead, and thought to my self: Man im lucky it wasnt a ground hog or something bigger.

You shoulda gone back to get him...rabbit's really good eatin....:busted:

Genbud beat me to it...I hope you picked it up and that it wasn't too damaged...

Enjoy!

• Like 1

rabbit gloves crossed my mind, those would be sweet

..or a rabbits foot for luck...although, I don't think that shit works. Obviously didn't do a thing for him..

Hit a turkey buzzard on my DRZ, actually hit ME....flew right into my chest at 60 miles an hour. It friggin hurt, and was really gross. I powerwashed my jacket & helmet 3 times to get the crap off it.

It wasnt a Drz but i was 16 yrs old just got my 81' RM125 was going down this 1/2 mile flat straight that ran along the Highway to the nearby homeade track we built 5th gear pinned wide open and a hugh woodchuck/ground hog runs out right in front of me it must have been 40lbs, we used to call them Baby Buffalos when we would hunt out there as kids cause they sounded like buffalos running through the brush. Well i hit that F**ker with my front wheel and the whole front end just expoloded and swaped out, I ended up doing a triple mobius friggen cartwheel and crashing my brains out, bent the bars, tweaked the forksbroke the rear fender and side panels and seat. I wasnt messed up that bad but i was pissed cause i just got the bike and it was my 1st ride on it. The buffalo escaped!

every June, about ten thousand of them june bugs die on my goggles and face shield. those things are like bb's and they really hurt when they hit your face.

punisher, fat little suckers aren't they?

I used to have traps in my apple trees...good size bug. I know how much rain hurts when you ride so I can image one of these things.