ready to ride for $1000

i've been here at TT for a while now but i haven't really been around the pit bike forum so if this is a rethread i do apologise.

i have seen a lot of ready to ride pit bikes out there for around $1000 i.e. coolster, xtreme, etc.

i am looking to get a mini just for play riding, nothing serious and i don't want to have to buy a lot of add-ons in order to get riding. i normally ride a full size dirt bike and this will just be a new toy, so i don't want to put a lot of money into it.

what bikes would you recomend for what i'm looking for. oh, and i will be riding dirt not street.

any info would be greatly appreciated, i will be the first to tell you i don't know anything about pit bikes.

thanks.

p.s. i'm kind of a big guy, 6' 220lbs. (would like to be able to jump with the bike too, hope i'm not looking for the impossible)

i have a pitster pro and it ran about 2 grand its an awesome bike and it handles me just fine i'm 5'9" 200 and the spring barely goes down when i sit on it. and it powers through every gear and has tons of low end. its great

which model do you have?

does anyone know anything about the coolster jumper 3 125cc? would something like that work for what i want it for?

I have been through the OGM 140, the coolster x3r (Orion) and was very unhappy with both. I own a 08' pitster x4r and am very happy with it. But the x4 will cost more than 1000.00. To be honest with you from what I've seen the SSR's seem to be gettin better and better too.

• TT Sponsor
are there any brands that people would suggest or brands that i should stay away from altogether?

you will more likely want to go to a mid size pitbike or 12"

the 50 base will be kinda small for ya

(x2 mabey since its bigger that most 50 base)

any 125cc will pull you but a 140cc up will be more fun

you may want to consider thinking about saving a few more bucks up

there a big difference in the cheapo modles compared to the top brands

top brands = Pitster pro , G2 moto ,SSR (bikes we list as PRO in the title)

OGM SX 160 is also a good bike

heres a few well supported brands to consider

http://tboltusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=46

alot of guys here like Pitster ,G2 ,SSR

ok so i see that i may need to go up to $1500. if i do that will i be in the range i need to be in to get a bike i'll be happy with?

Yes - that opens many new doors. Pitster had the x4 on a year end closeout for less than that.