Sign in to follow this  

Jan 1 - Mammoth Bar

thinking of riding MB this thursday, been several days since any rain, conditions should be good by thursday.

I was up on Slate Mt. today at the lookout station (which isn't there anymore BTW) and there's almost zero snow. Traction was excellent! I wonder when GT will open.... Does it stay closed as long as Bald Mt. has snow or will Mace Mills open if it's clear of snow?

I'm getting ready. Last time out we had a snow storm and rode home in 6" of the white stuff.

I was out in a new area that I had no idea where I was. Forget what the terrain was like, cuz I couldn't see it.

I'd like to ride some place I've been before. GT is a little bigger than MB, might ride for a little while longer.

Skip tells stories about that Flume Trail get off with a smile. I think BigBird was there too!!!!

Now if we could coax D-*** out of retirement and get OD to bless us with his racing knowlege.......... I might just brave this cold weather.

Elkins11-26-05001.jpg

What about greenhorn is that place still open? I was their once, had some nice trails and some gnarly stuff too.

thinking of riding MB this thursday, been several days since any rain, conditions should be good by thursday.

I might be up for a little spin around MB on Thurs.

:busted::moon::p

I was up on Slate Mt. today at the lookout station (which isn't there anymore BTW) and there's almost zero snow. Traction was excellent! I wonder when GT will open.... Does it stay closed as long as Bald Mt. has snow or will Mace Mills open if it's clear of snow?

More than likely the west side will open soon, whereas the east side (Bald Mt.) will stay closed for a while. Bald Moutain typically retains the snow much longer than Slate and Mace.

still looking at this, trying to talk the wife into it. If I(we) go, it will be 8 am sharp at the gate. we'll be done riding up and down and across squaw twice all done by 10:30 - 11 am.

It will be a MB morning romp, before the squids come out

Ok wife is not keen on getting up early on her holiday, but I am. I'll be at the gate at 8 am

Ok wife is not keen on getting up early on her holiday, but I am. I'll be at the gate at 8 am

No riding for me on Thursday.................. apparently, I had plans, that I didn't know about. :p:moon::mad:

Have a good ride.:busted:

Look for ARider later in the morning. He said he would be there by 10:00, and will be flying a Polka Dot MC flag at his truck. No riding for me tomorrow, maybe this weekend though.

thanks, 10 maybe be better, if it's heavy fog early

I'll most likely be there on thursday...but are they even open on new years day?

I was there on monday, there was a lot of people on the track...I think I made some of them mad...

I called and they said yes they will be open on holidays

i'm guessing f hill is snowed in? was going to call today but spaced it.i'd like to put faces to names so maybe mb at 8. ride most the same junk you guys do and may have met you but don't know you by site.

hey i might be there to break in the new 200 woo hooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy new year to me dooods.

happy 2009, I'm up. coffee, and load the bike, iT"S COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there about 8.

conditions were excellent. Cold overcast at first, then sun. I did a long loop by myself including up the wrong way (better way)on stonewall because It was super early and I was the only guy on the hill and F' them rules every now and then. :busted:

came down and found Arider then he and I did the place again, Finally did murderers row and rocky trail too both ways twice, both were very whimpy prarie city class b trails.

ARider gave me a compliment, said I was moving at a good clip. :moon:

HUSABERG domainates MB! :p:mad:

conditions were excellent. Cold overcast at first, then sun. I did a long loop by myself including up the wrong way (better way)on stonewall because It was super early and I was the only guy on the hill and F' them rules every now and then. :moon:

came down and found Arider then he and I did the place again, Finally did murderers row and rocky trail too both ways twice, both were very whimpy prarie city class b trails.

ARider gave me a compliment, said I was moving at a good clip. :eek:

HUSABERG domainates MB! :mad::p

Sweet, I was there too! Track was nice until some goons on quads decided to blow out every rut on the track...:busted: