Jan 1 - Mammoth Bar

I was up on Slate Mt. today at the lookout station (which isn't there anymore BTW) and there's almost zero snow. Traction was excellent! I wonder when GT will open.... Does it stay closed as long as Bald Mt. has snow or will Mace Mills open if it's clear of snow?

I'm getting ready. Last time out we had a snow storm and rode home in 6" of the white stuff.

I was out in a new area that I had no idea where I was. Forget what the terrain was like, cuz I couldn't see it.

I'd like to ride some place I've been before. GT is a little bigger than MB, might ride for a little while longer.

Skip tells stories about that Flume Trail get off with a smile. I think BigBird was there too!!!!

Now if we could coax D-*** out of retirement and get OD to bless us with his racing knowlege.......... I might just brave this cold weather.

Elkins11-26-05001.jpg

I was up on Slate Mt. today at the lookout station (which isn't there anymore BTW) and there's almost zero snow. Traction was excellent! I wonder when GT will open.... Does it stay closed as long as Bald Mt. has snow or will Mace Mills open if it's clear of snow?

More than likely the west side will open soon, whereas the east side (Bald Mt.) will stay closed for a while. Bald Moutain typically retains the snow much longer than Slate and Mace.

Ok wife is not keen on getting up early on her holiday, but I am. I'll be at the gate at 8 am

Look for ARider later in the morning. He said he would be there by 10:00, and will be flying a Polka Dot MC flag at his truck. No riding for me tomorrow, maybe this weekend though.

conditions were excellent. Cold overcast at first, then sun. I did a long loop by myself including up the wrong way (better way)on stonewall because It was super early and I was the only guy on the hill and F' them rules every now and then. :busted:

came down and found Arider then he and I did the place again, Finally did murderers row and rocky trail too both ways twice, both were very whimpy prarie city class b trails.

ARider gave me a compliment, said I was moving at a good clip. :moon:

HUSABERG domainates MB! ?:mad:

conditions were excellent. Cold overcast at first, then sun. I did a long loop by myself including up the wrong way (better way)on stonewall because It was super early and I was the only guy on the hill and F' them rules every now and then. :moon:

came down and found Arider then he and I did the place again, Finally did murderers row and rocky trail too both ways twice, both were very whimpy prarie city class b trails.

ARider gave me a compliment, said I was moving at a good clip. :eek:

HUSABERG domainates MB! :mad:?

Sweet, I was there too! Track was nice until some goons on quads decided to blow out every rut on the track...:busted: