Sign in to follow this  

07 Valve Clearance Problem

I have an 07 Race Replica 450 Sherco.

I went to check the valves today as it was becoming harder to start on checking the inlet clearance i find 0 gap the exhausts are at 0.25 mm.

I have rotated the engine to all positions and there is no way i can gain any clearance on the inlet valves.

On removing the shim buckets i find the are they smallest available part # 0730 = 1.55 mm

I am assuming the head must come off and head work done ie valves seats and valves along with anything else folks here would suggest.

New cam chain while i'm there?

Is it necessary to get the tool for breaking the chain?

Am asking for any suggestions folks may have.

Is it possible to remove the head with engine in place ?

I know this thread is kinda dead but hope someone checks it from time to time.

On removing the shim buckets i find the are they smallest available part # 0730 = 1.55 mm

I know this thread is kinda dead but hope someone checks it from time to time.

Actually, they've added two thinner sizes to the shims available. #0731 is 1.50mm and #0732 is 1.45mm.

Their may be 1.35 and 1.40mm shims in the works as well but I can't confirm.

C

Thanks for the reply now if i could ask another question.

If i have 0 clearance now with a 1.55 do you think i could get enough with these new options , i'm not sure how the math would work.

Ok i found the 0731 shims in my collection and put them in still no clearance so i'm thinking there is more of an issue here than can be fixed with the next smaller shim.

I'm not sure of the miles that dam computer has be an off and on pain in the ass.Really only one season of trail riding from me and i'm not that fast or hard on it.

I'm not sure of the miles that dam computer has be an off and on pain in the ass.Really only one season of trail riding from me and i'm not that fast or hard on it.

Ha ha ha... when I was in the process of figuring out how to adjust the computer, for a while I had the counter set so the speedo read 165 mph when I was going 30 mph... racked up a few extra miles on the odometer. :moon:

You got my opinion of your valve/seat issues in the PM... good luck with it. :busted: