Tire Changing --Rimlock Issue--

I read the articles in the tire/brake/wheel area but for me it's not the problem of changing my tire that's the issue (and I don't think I'm doing anything too horribly wrong...)

When I change the front tire (has never happened on my backtire) when I set the tire back into place and air the tire up the part of the tire that presses up against the rim to achieve good rimlock (is this the bead? I apologize I'm still learning) is all good except for like 1 or 2 spots that are pressed too far down into the rim. I tried overinflating a bit to push it out, riding around, letting air out and trying to push it back into place with tire irons, nothing I do gets it into place.

If this doesn't make sense.... Then I'm a moron.

But if you do udnerstand what I mean, is there a way to fix this? Or is this something that isn't worth losing sleep over? (2nd time changing my front tire, wore the stock one out which i didn't like, got a new one, and now i popped a tube so new one I'm hoping lasts longer)

I read the articles in the tire/brake/wheel area but for me it's not the problem of changing my tire that's the issue (and I don't think I'm doing anything too horribly wrong...)

When I change the front tire (has never happened on my backtire) when I set the tire back into place and air the tire up the part of the tire that presses up against the rim to achieve good rimlock (is this the bead? I apologize I'm still learning) is all good except for like 1 or 2 spots that are pressed too far down into the rim. I tried overinflating a bit to push it out, riding around, letting air out and trying to push it back into place with tire irons, nothing I do gets it into place.

If this doesn't make sense.... Then I'm a moron.

But if you do udnerstand what I mean, is there a way to fix this? Or is this something that isn't worth losing sleep over? (2nd time changing my front tire, wore the stock one out which i didn't like, got a new one, and now i popped a tube so new one I'm hoping lasts longer)

Put the wheel on the ground deflate the tire spray windex around the edge of the rim and push down on the tire so the windex seeps in between the tire and the rim reinflate the tire. If its close but not quite there still bounce the tire off the ground (while holding on to it of course) until it seats the rest of the way. Lastly set your tire pressure. And no your not a moron. and yes its the tire bead. :busted:

Yeah lube the bead up really good and then air the hell out of it. It helps to take the valve core out when you are filling it with air. This allows the tube to inflate faster and will seat the bead at a lower pressure.

Yeah lube the bead up really good and then air the hell out of it. It helps to take the valve core out when you are filling it with air. This allows the tube to inflate faster and will seat the bead at a lower pressure.

Gas to you dirtsquirt. I hadnt thought of that before. Makes total sense! :busted:

Had the same issue, I used soapy water around the bead and inflated it to about 60psi, that pushed mine into place. It's frustrating at times but you'll get it....:busted:

Agree with everybody else, also after I overinflate the tire and lube the edges I will take a plastic mallet and give tire some love taps away from the rim get it to pop into place.