Sign in to follow this  

White Clark gas tank turned yellow

I have a white Clark gas tank of unknown age, (on bike when I bought it) that has turned a browninsh yellow over the years. Does anyone know if it can be restored to white again?

not sure but if it's a 3.7 gallon(or whatever they are) and you ever feel like trading for a stock yellow tank off an '04 let me know :busted:

I have a white Clark gas tank of unknown age, (on bike when I bought it) that has turned a browninsh yellow over the years. Does anyone know if it can be restored to white again?

When my Clark tank turned yellow I got some Soft-Scrub bathroom/kitchen cleaner and a nylon brush and worked it on the tank real good. I washed it off with water and then repeated where necessary. It worked and my tank looked as good as new; except for all the scuffs I put on it over the years. You don't need to clean the inside to remove the yellow on the outside. It really works if you put a little elbow grease into it.

dr_snow.jpg

Thanks for the replies, The soft scrub idea was suggested to me by a freind of mine today at work. I'll buy some and give it a try. He also said to try using a scotch brite pad with the soft scrup.

Thanks for the replies, The soft scrub idea was suggested to me by a freind of mine today at work. I'll buy some and give it a try. He also said to try using a scotch brite pad with the soft scrup.

That should work as well. Just don't use a harsh wire brush on it. :busted:

I used a scotch-bright and Simple Green and scrubbed it.

im just leaving mine yellow, the more material on my tank, the stronger it is, the less likely itll bust when i drop it offroading :busted:

im just leaving mine yellow, the more material on my tank, the stronger it is, the less likely itll bust when i drop it offroading :moon:

Over here we like them white so we can blend in with the snow...............:busted:

dr_snow.jpg