Sign in to follow this  

Tires on 08 Beta rs 450

I have a 2008 Beta rs 450 the stock tires seem alittle slippy on the red dirt of Northern California. They may be better in the summer but what do you guys run in the winter that is still ok on the street?:busted:

Also has anybody changed the rear tail light and blinkers with a smaller more off road set up:banana:

In Oz, there is a smaller tail light/# plate extension in the spares box, it was simple unscrew big one, screw smaller one on.

You do have to take the seat of to unplug the wires & the OEM indicators won't fit back on. Not sure if you can mod/make something so you can still use the OEM rear indicators.

The RR rear extension will work on the RS model.. I don't need blinkers in texas so I just kept them off..

Do you need your tires to be DOT? or are you looking for better dirt tires?

one thing I found out on my 525 is that it doesn't like the 80/100 front tires.

I've been running the Dunlop 745 for hard terrain and 742 for loam.

they don't last very long on pavement but still work well. they both are the 90/100-21 size (bigger and wider)

on the back tire.. I've been running the 952 120/90/18

I try to stay mostly on the dirt but I have to get on the road from time too time. I really don't care about being DOT how has the 952 work for you so far.

I try to stay mostly on the dirt but I have to get on the road from time too time. I really don't care about being DOT how has the 952 work for you so far.

Depends.. on a prepped moto track or where there is a little moisture.. the 952 works great..but in the sand and silt it spins more and doesn't hook up.

I like it that it lasts a long time and I dont' chunk the knobbies. so it's a trade off.

Michelin Baja's work great front and rear, are DOT and last. There are better full off road knobbies but these work. The stock MT-21's are a compromise to keep people from complaining that the tires wore out in 200 miles, of street use, and staying with the Pirelli's.