FMF Fatty, Gnarly, stock pipes. ?

Hi, i'm buying a new pipe for my 99 yz250.

But whts the difference between the fmf fatty and fmf gnarly gold series?

Also, are they physically bigger/much thicker pipes than the stock black exp chamber? Or should I just keep stock pipe?

I'm just confused with the difference between fmf fatty/gnarly gold.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have a good one! :busted:

The Gnarly is made from a heavier gauge steel than the Fatty so it is less likely to get dented. The Gnarly is supposed to give a power increase right off the bottom and into the midrange. The Fatty is supposed to be more of an all around performer. I have found Fatty's to give a bike more over rev.

dito what kx said,gnarly has more bottom end,better woods pipe.plus it is thicker.fatty doesn't lug as well.had both and both are great pipes. i've put gnarly's on all my 2smkrs,almost makes em like a 4strk...almost :busted:

Thats great news!

Im more of a bottom end guy anyhow.

I like fast tight tracks, powering around corners (Love the feeling of rear sliding out and coming back in around corners), and wheelies thru low gears!

If I want top speed, I've got a ZX6R for that.

Another weird question:

What would/could happen is I put a pipe spacer from Mr AggieMoto into an FMF Gnarly pipe?????

Another weird question:

What would/could happen is I put a pipe spacer from Mr AggieMoto into an FMF Gnarly pipe?????

You'd dig trenches in the pavement with a slick knobby.:busted:

That sounds like a mean combo. The Gnarly really makes STRONG low end power and a hard low to mid range hit IMO. Cool pipe.

Ive ordered the Gnarly from USA (Cali), so I'll have it in about 2weeks I'd say (Australia) and Ive got an FMF PowerCore2.

But Im seriously thinking of installing the pipe spacer in it too..

Just for the psychotic giggle factor!! :busted::moon:

You really can't beat the gnarly for woods riding that's what it was designed for, no spacer needed with it.

I have tried the spacer on a few pipes. If I had to describe it simply, I would say it moves the power down in the rpm range.

I dont know if I would use one with the gnarly as the power is already positioned quite low. However, if you use one with a midrange to top end pip,e like the pro circuit, its sort of like having two pipes for the price of one.

You really can't beat the gnarly for woods riding that's what it was designed for, no spacer needed with it.

thicker and heavier but don't dent as easy, the pc dents when you look at it.

....However, if you use one with a midrange to top end pipe like the pro circuit, its sort of like having two pipes for the price of one....

aha, how about the DEP with the 2-mm spacer? :busted:

is there much of a physical thickness between stock and gnarly.

Not thickness of metal, I mean of the while pipe and chamber.

I think if anything the gnarly has a slightly smaller center section diameter. I dont' have a stocker here to compare too though.

is there much of a physical thickness between stock and gnarly.

Not thickness of metal, I mean of the while pipe and chamber.

Nothing noticeable like the Fatty.

aha, how about the DEP with the 2-mm spacer? :busted:

That would be fun as well. I never tried it specifically, so I did not want to mention it...it SHOULD be good.

Owning a spacer really means you dont need a low end pipe. The spacer in the stocker is as good as it gets.