Sierra Club & Bill Nye...Good Grief....

I was home sick from work and decided to check out the Sierra Club's web site to see what were up against.

Who's smiling face is on their homepage? None other than pres. elect Obama. As if to say, any legislation we want is going to pass in the next four years. They obviously threw their support behind him during the past election. It looks like their influence is very far reaching.

I read most of the site and got a good laugh from the pictures they posted of ATV riders going past "TRAIL CLOSED" signs. Riders with no helmet on 3 wheelers from 1984...

But seriously, their main complaints are noise and erosion. Which, I think, could translate into audible evidence that we are out riding while they are hiking. And that the displaced dirt along the trails are the evidence of us using the trails.

They claim to have a policy of sharing the land, but it seems like motorized land users should not be seen, heard or caught overturning any pebbles.

While I think we (and the manufacturers) can make progress on the noise, the best we can do to prevent "erosion" is to Tread Lightly. Even Jesus leaves footprints.

Secondly, I watched Bill Nye the Science Guy rant on about the hideousness of ATVs, especially the two stroke motor. Of course he did this while pointing at a Honda 4-stroke. He also made note of how mud on an ATV can carry seeds from one area and drop them in another causing more weeds.

So my friends, I fear that we will be entering a new period of increased pressure to keep us out of the woods, off the trails, out of the deserts and any place with multiple users.

I was home sick from work and decided to check out the Sierra Club's web site to see what were up against.

Who's smiling face is on their homepage? None other than pres. elect Obama. As if to say, any legislation we want is going to pass in the next four years. They obviously threw their support behind him during the past election. It looks like their influence is very far reaching.

I read most of the site and got a good laugh from the pictures they posted of ATV riders going past "TRAIL CLOSED" signs. Riders with no helmet on 3 wheelers from 1984...

But seriously, their main complaints are noise and erosion. Which, I think, could translate into audible evidence that we are out riding while they are hiking. And that the displaced dirt along the trails are the evidence of us using the trails.

They claim to have a policy of sharing the land, but it seems like motorized land users should not be seen, heard or caught overturning any pebbles.

While I think we (and the manufacturers) can make progress on the noise, the best we can do to prevent "erosion" is to Tread Lightly. Even Jesus leaves footprints.

Secondly, I watched Bill Nye the Science Guy rant on about the hideousness of ATVs, especially the two stroke motor. Of course he did this while pointing at a Honda 4-stroke. He also made note of how mud on an ATV can carry seeds from one area and drop them in another causing more weeds.

So my friends, I fear that we will be entering a new period of increased pressure to keep us out of the woods, off the trails, out of the deserts and any place with multiple users.

No different than when Clinton was in. Man and I used to love watching Bill Nye. What a shame

Man and I used to love watching Bill Nye.
I had a crush on the brown haired girl that was his helper.

Nye is their guy! He was ranting about global warming the other day.....

Change, whether you want it or not.

Nye is their guy! He was ranting about global warming the other day.....

which we now know is a complete sham.

im disappointed, i used to watch Bill Nye all the time when i was little :/

Fear.

Fear?

I had a crush on the brown haired girl that was his helper.
+1:worthy: :busted:
Fear?

Excuse him.

He forgot he wasn't in Town Square for a second.

which we now know is a complete sham.

im disappointed, i used to watch Bill Nye all the time when i was little :/

We do?

We do?
The phrase is out of date, since the world isn't exactly warming... look at our nice North American weather pattern as of late. Anywho, it's now called climate change. Which has been going on for several billion years. Darn volcanoes, asteroids, comets, and other crap we have no control over - we'll take the people out of the equation and then we'll only have to worry about the uncontrollable.:p

Even if climate change is being caused by humans, I'd think I'd rather know I'm the cause and be having fun than have some natural disaster a few years down the road wipe me out anyway after being taxed and screwed into oblivion. :moon:

I say "having fun" with moderation of course:banghead: ... keep working on those Zero electric bikes. When they are cheaper than a dino fueled bike and easy to work with, then I'll be ready to swap.:busted:

-Kerry

Global warming is caused by the SUN!!!!

Bill Nye used to come into a bicycle shop i worked for and was always being the funny guy, then one day my buddy busted a joke on him and we all started cracking up:lol: ............except Bill:cry: go figure.

The phrase is out of date, since the world isn't exactly warming... look at our nice North American weather pattern as of late. Anywho, it's now called climate change. Which has been going on for several billion years. Darn volcanoes, asteroids, comets, and other crap we have no control over - we'll take the people out of the equation and then we'll only have to worry about the uncontrollable.:mad:

Even if climate change is being caused by humans, I'd think I'd rather know I'm the cause and be having fun than have some natural disaster a few years down the road wipe me out anyway after being taxed and screwed into oblivion. :p

I say "having fun" with moderation of course:banghead: ... keep working on those Zero electric bikes. When they are cheaper than a dino fueled bike and easy to work with, then I'll be ready to swap.:busted:

-Kerry

I like how you see things. :moon: And I agree. :eek:

Scientist don't have a clue about global warming, they're just guessing based on partial information. Back in the 70's they said we were headed for another ice age. I believe there was an article in Time magazine, I think, about this supposed ice age. I'll go see if I can find it.

I'm not a member of the Sierra Club. But... I'm thinking about joining what are they going to do kick me out? It's America I have my opinion to.It could be like those kids that joined the Boy Scouts and they didn't want to the word GOD.Remember(Scouts:

On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country.

We can be the thorn in there side.Your thoughts?