06 chev. colorado z71

thinking about installing torsion bar keys and rear shackles to gain a 2 inch

or so lift......any of you ever do this? and do you think or know if it will chew

my cv boots? it is 4wd and driven 99%on road....really don't want to have things start to get chewed.....dependability.....etc...any help or opinions greatly appreciaited.....

thinking about installing torsion bar keys and rear shackles to gain a 2 inch

or so lift......any of you ever do this? and do you think or know if it will chew

my cv boots? it is 4wd and driven 99%on road....really don't want to have things start to get chewed.....dependability.....etc...any help or opinions greatly appreciaited.....

I did this same thing on a IFS 4x4 S10 along with adding 1" wider wheels and larger tires (31x9.5's).

Prior to that, it had been a good little truck-no problems besides a stat (this was at 122k miles).

Shortly thereafter, I found myself replacing ball joints every 30k, idler arms every year (not surprising, it was a GM after all) wheel bearings annually, and a CV shafts didn't seem to last more than a year or so.

Mine was used lightly off-road, maybe 10% of the time, but not hard core use, mainly just driving on forest roads, farm roads, etc.

I wouldn't do it again.

thanks yo......pretty much hearin the same thing.........thanx again....