Best Dual Purpose Bike Around?

You are looking at a 2006 (bought new in 2007) Suzuki DRZ. This is not the Supermoto version thus it holds it's resell WAY better. I have put Acerbis Black Plastics on the bike giving it a smooth and clean look, very industrial looking. This bike gets a lot of compliments. Check out the pics! Bike has 8,000 Miles and still runs like a champ!

- Full Acerbis Plastics

- Acerbis Hand Guards

- Corbin Saddle

- Clark 4.3 Gallon Desert Tank

- Cyclops Dual Headlight

- Dyno Jet Kit

- Dirt Tires

- Street Tires

- SURF RACKS! They bolt on to the rack behind the seat and work great! (Not pictured but you can see them at http://www.carversurfracks.com/ )

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO MAKE THIS BIKE ANY BETTER? THIS IS A SERIOUS QUESTION AS I AM GETTING ANTSY FOR A NEW PROJECT!!!3n83p33o712114c1g38cs1195cdce3feb15f5.jpg3m23p43l41221481398cs36d1d2e650e6120b.jpg

Nice Bike, welcome to TT.

Show us a pic with your surfboard mounted.

Go ride it.

Consider it done! I will get working on some Surf Rack pics ASAP...Oh and I have made some mods since the pic I posted...I hope they are up to your high expectations, ;-)

I started out with the 2001 version of the same bike. Here's some of what I've done to mine so far:

49mm Showa cartridge forks (from '03 DRZ E) with MX-Tech valving (including custom mid-valve)

Ohlins rear shock

TAG Matrix triples

Keihin FCR 39mm carb

full Muzzy exhaust

Clarke 3.9 gal

Hot Cam Stage 2 IN cam, DRZ400 E model EX cam

Unabike radiator guards

Barnett clutch basket, plates and springs

KTM fork guards

SDG tall seat

Topar Racing front and rear disk guards and CSS guard

CFC case savers

Acerbis enduro headlight and tail light

Moose skid plate

IMS Pro footpegs

Moose/Venhill SS brake lines

Moose heavy duty front wheel spokes

By next week, I'll have the Baja Designs 8 inch race headlight on the bike.

biketg9.jpg

I started out with the 2001 version of the same bike. Here's some of what I've done to mine so far:

biketg9.jpg

Holy crap my evil twin!! haha

IMG_0545.jpg

Look at my garage for mods, tired of listing them... :busted:

I agree with just about everything Yanni said, but I'd just get an Edge tail light from Wheeling Cycle instead. Direct bolt on, just wire it up. And I can't tell from your pic, but if your gonna ride aggressively off-road, I'd get a set of TT case savers ASAP. You might want to install a MCCT (from TT) too. Here's the route I've taken so far.

DSC01074.jpg

Remove and safely secure the valve stem caps from the tires,,,,

roll away and discard all remaining parts,,,,

install KTM 950SE,,,,

throw out your original valve stem caps as you know you'll never use em again and they'll just take up space on a shelf in the garage and "somebody" is always bitchin you need to clean it up and get organized but you are always out riding "that damn bike" everyday you have any time off from work ba, bla,bla,,,

At least one decal

Remove and safely secure the valve stem caps from the tires,,,,

roll away and discard all remaining parts,,,,

install KTM 950SE,,,,

throw out your original valve stem caps as you know you'll never use em again and they'll just take up space on a shelf in the garage and "somebody" is always bitchin you need to clean it up and get organized but you are always out riding "that damn bike" everyday you have any time off from work ba, bla,bla,,,

2. Add 1 large tool kit. :busted:

Just buy one of these and do nothing at all but ride it.

Oh. I did tighten the chain at 1,200 miles, but thats it :busted:

h9.jpg

^ Whole new light, LOL. Maybe after you put a REAL headlight on a Husky. :busted:

08 Ktm 530exc

For those of you who wanted to see the bike with surf rack applied her you go...

1231080714.jpg?t=1230737951

1231080713.jpg?t=1230738091

downsized_1231080713a.jpg?t=1230738119

^ Whole new light, LOL. Maybe after you put a REAL headlight on a Husky. :moon:

It's awesome that, that is the only bad thing you can say about a Husky.....isn't it:worthy: :busted:

It's awesome that, that is the only bad thing you can say about a Husky.....isn't it:worthy: :moon:

:p And the best thing is, its a $5 fix for a 65w bulb :busted:

2. Add 1 large tool kit. :moon:

HAHA!! It came with one you can disassemble the whole bike with, have yet to do anything but maintain her. Bak at ya! :busted:

I loved my DRZ & used a 2000 kick only for MX, great, solid bike but ultimate DS??? Sorry, it does just about anything but the ergos & 5 speed limit it greatly. It was a better XR400 but its seen its day IMO. Put a slimming on her and a 6 speed + 10 HP, now you got something!!!!

Ultimate, well the 610TE Husky is just about the most capable of the singles. I loved mine but the 2 up capability just wasn't there, that SE can tackle A enduro trails with a passenger!!!

I've had EXC520s and TE, TC and SMR450 Huskys, my kick only counterbalanced 6 speed TC engine is being built currently but the close ratio 6 speed really spins the engine hard for true D/S where you might have to do 75 MPH for awhile. It is gonna be enduro only, connecting local trails & trailered distances.

But, when a DOHC HVA engine goes bad, it goes B.A.D. Trust me, I know too well!!! The balancer is from my SMR engine after the kicker cracked the cases, the trans from the TE after a main bearing went bad and top end/cases from the TC that fragged 2nd gear. Boo-Hoo!!! I'm saving the Ohlins shock & 50mm TC forks for another 610,,,someday,,,,,

Where to start on mods on this bike. There are so many, edge tail light, led signals, full exhuast, Zeta levers, tt case savers, mcct, fcr carb and the list just keeps going.:busted:

Believe me ...it keeps going:blush:

I was going to say sell it and buy a Honda xr250! Kidding, your bike looks like a good time

Have owned 2 Huskys, great bikes, & have tried all the rest & Honda XR650L still the best bang for your buck:thumbsup:

100_1777.jpg

100_1772.jpg