Need some input asap..

Hey guys,

I was prepping my bike to ride in the morning.. I got a ready filter stainless oil filter and the black cover that goes on it.. I took the o rings off the stock cover on the black ready filter one. Well, when I was putting it on it was a super tight fit I tried for like 15 min trying to get the dam thing on there finally it budged in and I looked and the front o ring was ripped in half.. I pulled it out then for $hits and giggles I tried to install the cover again and went on easy as pie? Am I going to screw something up without having the front (closest to oil filter) oring on there? Please tell me some of you have rode without that oring..

Thanks for any input.

i rode for 6 and a halve hours with out o ring mine started ticking at the very end but i just put fresh premium gas in it and cleaned the oil screen it had a little dirt cought in it but thats what its there for. You should be fine for a ride or 2 but eventually you should replace it.

I had the same problem with my Ready filter stainless oil filter. By the third oil change, the o-ring had pushed into the center of filter. I used a Ready stainless oil filter on my RMZ for over 130 hours with no problems, so I'm very disappointed with the unit for the KX. Sounds like we both should contact Ready Filter. I've gone back to paper for now. Wal-Mart carries a Fram motorcycle filter in Automotives that works great, CH6015 is the Fram filter number. I would replace the filter before riding again. No since taking a chance with a $7k plus bike. :busted:

I had the same problem with my Ready filter stainless oil filter. By the third oil change, the o-ring had pushed into the center of filter. I used a Ready stainless oil filter on my RMZ for over 130 hours with no problems, so I'm very disappointed with the unit for the KX. Sounds like we both should contact Ready Filter. I've gone back to paper for now. Wal-Mart carries a Fram motorcycle filter in Automotives that works great, CH6015 is the Fram filter number. I would replace the filter before riding again. No since taking a chance with a $7k plus bike. :thinking:

Tony from Ready racing got back to me.. They are def on top of this.His exact words were

"As you can imagine these types of issues are very important and we appreciate yours and everyone's business."

When they made them it spec'd out the same as the 08 but they are going to double check make sure thats exactly what it is. Nice to have a company stand behind any problems costomers face with there product.. After putting the stock cover on its also sorta tight..So I dunno, I am using the there ss filter like always and I do want to use the black cover..Ill keep u updated when they get back to me.

Hoss

Wal-Mart carries a Fram motorcycle filter in Automotives that works great, CH6015 is the Fram filter number. I would replace the filter before riding again. No since taking a chance with a $7k plus bike. :thinking:

Dude...Fram?

You said it yourself. You spend $7k on a bike, there's abosultely no reason to buy junk just to save five-or six bucks on an oil filter. I've never seen an OEM oil filter fail. Never. I have however seen Frams fail more than once. WSMC (Ca. road race org) even banned them either in the late 90's or early 2k's, because they had multiple incidents of Fram filters failing, oiling up the unlucky bike, and spitting the unlucky rider(s) on their head(s). I personally saw 2 myself.

Such a simple but critical part. I pay the $7 or so, and forget about it.:smirk: