Most scary moment

Post your most scary moments on a dirtbike.

I'd like to say I've had one but usually when I yard sailed it happend so fast there was not time to get scared.

I was riding behind my dad when we first started and he went down a 20ft cliff. Scared the hell out of me and him. We i almost fell down a mountain and i was sitting on the edge thinking about pushing my bike down or somehow getting it up. I definetally learned my lesson on both of these. Stop or slow down on the top of hills unless you know whats on the other side.

Great thread, cant wait to here other peoples storys and maybe learn a thing or 2.

I have a couple.

One time i was racing at a local track thats about 5 minutes away from my house.there isa hill with a step up then you make a you turn and jump back out of the hill so its kind of like a table with a steep landing. i was goin decently fast and almost endoed down the hill!I was so scared.Panic revved all the way down!

Another time was me and my friend were riding and we went back to his house because he was done riding.so were on youtube and stuff lookin at videos.As i walk out his garage,i notice that it is really close to being pitch black.It basically is pitch black but there was a little bit of light from the footballfield.I had to ride home in the dark.I know just about every foot of these fields so thank god for that!

when i was inexperienced i was riding my friends cr85, and was trying to prove to my dad i was ready for one(curently had a xr100) by clearing a 60 foot table...endoed, landed on my head, panic rev...broken collar bone.it was the worst thing ever. i still have fears of that happening again

The feeling I got when a friend told me the hold up on the track was due to my wife having BADLY broken her leg and I needed to get over to her quick!

A distant second was while I was in the air, looking down at a wreck I was about to join into! I ended up shattering my wrist and badly brusing my testical. Yup 1 year in a cast and no.. well...you know for a while either!

well there was a table top a while ago and you know i was hitting it pretty hard and i endoed and i was coming down on my front wheel about peed my pants i was saying oh crap! in my helmet haha:smirk: . But i learned from it anyway and its not a big deal but it was scary at the time:thumbsup:

This morning I woke up and went in the garage for something and noticed my CR250 was gone. I freaked out and ran through the house,yelling that somebody stole my bike,looked out the window,and saw my bike sitting on its stand in the driveway. I left it out after washing it last night.I live in a not so good neighborhood,so I am surprised that it was still there. Ive been tripping on that all day!! :busted:

shorted a 50 step down in glamis i had hit it a few times already but the last time the lip was kinda blown out.

fractured a vertabrae

This morning I woke up and went in the garage for something and noticed my CR250 was gone. I freaked out and ran through the house,yelling that somebody stole my bike,looked out the window,and saw my bike sitting on its stand in the driveway. I left it out after washing it last night.I live in a not so good neighborhood,so I am surprised that it was still there. Ive been tripping on that all day!! :busted:

I have another story thats kind of like yours.One time i got done riding and stopped at my garage.I have to open my side gate and go around so that i can open my garage.well for some reason i put my helmet in the doorway of my gate to keep it open and i left it there overnight and forgot about.Im suprised that no one broke in or stole my helmet.

I was riding through the woods with some freakishly fast dudes and i was riding way over my head and i was goin over some whoops in the woods in 4th gear pinned and my back end started swaying and i ate it so hard i dont remember any of it this is what the dudes behind me told me i ended up having to go to the hospital in an ambulance but was lucky enough to have nothing wrong with me but a consussion im still really really sore though seeing as this was yyesterday!

I am a 17 year street rider,but this is my first dirt bike, I am used to riding in groups and folowing closely, but dirt bikes dont have brake lights. Friends in front of me going from 50MPH to 0 and no brake lights coming up on them. OOOOOHHHH crap watch out!!

I was making my second practice lap before a race, first lap you gotta roll everything, no jumping, next lap have at it! There was a 90' table I'd been looking at for a couple of weeks, but had never hit it, even though my buddies had all the confidence in the world in me! LOL! So on the second lap, I came around the corner before this jump and I was behind a guy who had been hitting it, I just kept his pace all the way off the face, 3rd gear tapped on a 250 two-stroke! Breath-taking!! Stomach in my throat! I made it perfectly. Next lap, I went to hit it again with my "I got this" attitude, only the other dude had left me so I didn't have his speed to judge. I must have backed off just a little before the peak... panic-rev city, came up a bike length short (so they say!?!?) I woke up about 15 mins. later under our tent with my girlfriend, now lovely wife, holding a wet cloth on my head, absolutely NO clue where I was, what day it was, why I was there, NOTHING! That was the first concussion I've ever had, so that was probably the scariest for me, the not knowing anything. We've all panic revved and cased out, but the confusion from the concussion was 32 times scarier than that! If you don't know what I'm talking about, I hope you never do, but I know there's a lot of you moto heads out there who have taken a trip to "what day is it?"-ville. Great thread by the way.

I was riding with a friend in the woods and came across a hill. It wasn't too tall, just really steep. 2nd gear full throttle I went at it, and I made it to the top, still going really fast. That is when I realized there was no hill coming back down. I fell down the backside of the hill, and somehow I didn't fall off the bike, I landed on the ground, dropped me about 20 feet. Scared shitless.

I was riding with a friend in the woods and came across a hill. It wasn't too tall, just really steep. 2nd gear full throttle I went at it, and I made it to the top, still going really fast. That is when I realized there was no hill coming back down. I fell down the backside of the hill, and somehow I didn't fall off the bike, I landed on the ground, dropped me about 20 feet. Scared shitless.

haha thats some crazy shizz my dad claims when he was younger back in the 3 wheeler days he was tryin to catch up to my uncle and they were in the hills and he blasted up the hill and he fell 30-40 feet flat and my uncle says thats not an exxageration! i imagine that would be pretty scary

Well, it's propably wen I was riding with my friend and his brother, they stopped, but I still kept riding.

Then was this jump I over preloaded an did a half frontflip in the air and landed on the head:O they saw it in slow motion and they thougt I would be dead after that, because I just laid down there and didn't move me not even when they draged me out of the track. But the scariest part of this was, just flying there in the air and knewing that you can't do anything.

I only got a concussion and broke my helmet.:busted: thank god for that

i came across a rather obese guy bareback horse riding, naked.

short of that having the thottle on my KX 500 stuck flat out in a second gear single track with a 60 foot drop to the left hand side probably takes it.

Okay, I'll play. 2 days ago, I got a new master link since my old one lost the retaining clip and bent the pins to hell and gone. Now for those of you who don't know, I have a little mod that is actually a spring that stiffens my clutch lever by pulling the clutch back when it releases. I know I was overdue for my tappet clearances but I just had to ride one more time. I was blasting about in 4th pinned when all of a sudden I hear this zzzztttt sound along with some heavy vibes. I absolutely sh@ myself, bounced on the brakes, killed the engine and pulled in the clutch, all from about 80mph. The bike fishtailed here and there and was scary on a gravel road. I got off the bike, got such a big fright I fell on top of it and threw off my helmet and frantically start searching for the problem. Turns out it was the chain that grabbed that spring and churned it up a bit. Scary stuff, ey...oh ya I'm still due on the tappets, but that's todays worries.

mine would have to be taking a turn to fast and going off into a ~10ft embankment, which i had been wanting to go down anyways, but what i didnt realize is that for what ever reason there was re-bar sticking about a foot and a half out of the ground everywhere, which was just as tall as the grass. I saw the first line of it as i passed it, i panicked, whiskey throttled it, and somehow managed to crash in the process. I ended up landing about a foot away from one of them. All i got was some dirt rash on my elbow, and a heavy dose of adrenaline, i got very lucky.

Heres mine. Over the summer I was riding some snowmobile trails with some friends. We were doing about 40 or 50 and we came up to a beg mudpuddle in the trail. They were all on quads so they just went threw it. I just got my bike a few days earlyer so bad clutch, drum brakes, and slick tires. So when I try to go around it I could not turn vary sharp. The only thing I see is this log and piles of rocks behind it if I didn't make the turn. I saw all of this in slow mo. But some how I managed to miss the log but it did scare me pretty good.