Sign in to follow this  

Need quick laceing help

Today i finially got my tire off (with the help of a saw) i then took an angle grinder and cut all of the spokes in half then pulled them out cause they were all seized and bent, i already have a spoke kit wating (pro wheel) so now i just gotta lace and true them (dont know if i am gonna true them or make the dealer do it) how do i lace, or is it something i just do? the thread in the tire/wheel/brake section here on TT will help me with the trueing but not the lacing, it dident say any thing about that even though thats what it says in the tittle.

and my rim is very slightly bent, when i lay it on a flat surface there are just small spaces, like a couple mm's or so, so truing is gonna be hard

This is my way.......

Agentsmith's right up

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485208

When you put in the spokes, you wanna tape sprocket side spoke an the brake side spoke together. As you work your way around your hub, you'll start to understand what i mean by this. Then just place the rim overtop and tighten the spokes into the holes.

Or you could do it this way

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654437&highlight=how+to+lace+wheel

• Like 1

thanks guys!, gas for you all. def not taking it to a stealer anymore

do any of you have opnions about trueing with a bent rim....can i bent up back, like i said its not bent that bad....i am not spending 90 on a new rim for the slight bend it has

thanks guys!, gas for you all. def not taking it to a stealer anymore

do any of you have opnions about trueing with a bent rim....can i bent up back, like i said its not bent that bad....i am not spending 90 on a new rim for the slight bend it has

I never had to mess with bent rims, but try putting it on a flat surface like a table or something an clamp it down with C clamps so all of the rim is flat on the table. Leave it there over night. I'm not sure if that will do the trick, but see what that does. :busted:

ok so i started tonight and need some quick help. i only have about 6 spokes in and i already think i am doing it wrong, does it matter which spokes you start with first? and where do the long and short ones go? and i dident put any grease on, i think i am just gonna go and get some grease we use for the tractors, with that be good.

I'm about to go through with the same project in a couple days trying to lace up an 18 inch rim to my KX. Some of your spokes are shorter? Mine are all the same.