Sign in to follow this  

Jan 1 ride at penny pines

Me and a buddy are going up to penny pines on thursday. We should be there

around 8 a.m. if anyone is interested. I was up there on sunday and the snow is melting and the riding was better than I expected.

ride2.jpg

ride3.jpg

How high can you ride ?

Can you ride around Penny Pines ?

Thanks

Dan:thumbsup:

I think we will stage at the bottom and ride up sled. I didn't want to stage at pp camp ground. I'm going to meet my buddy at the little store in upperlake

at 7:30 . I't looks like most of the snow is melted on the surounding mountains, so it looks like it should be a good ride.

I think we will stage at the bottom and ride up sled. I didn't want to stage at pp camp ground. I'm going to meet my buddy at the little store in upperlake

at 7:30 . I't looks like most of the snow is melted on the surounding mountains, so it looks like it should be a good ride.

I have been working alot.

Party right after my 12 shift.

I am thinking about 1100.:busted:

Can you get large motorhomes and trailers into Penny Pines? Looks like a great place to ride. I usually go to PiPi Valley.

Can you get large motorhomes and trailers into Penny Pines? Looks like a great place to ride. I usually go to PiPi Valley.

Yes and great places to camp below as well.

Then a trail ascends up the mountain for 3

miles to all the trails. Not for

little kids but any decent rider and bike can

do it.

Can you get large motor homes and trailers into Penny Pines? Looks like a great place to ride. I usually go to PiPi Valley.
With the large motor homes i think you will be better off to camp bellow at CC Camp/Middle Creek, nice and flat, all paved and great little fenced off flat area for small kids to ride.. I have a 24ft TH and i wouldn't drag my trailer up that steep nasty twisty road to get stuck up in Penny Pines.

With the large motor homes i think you will be better off to camp bellow at CC Camp/Middle Creek, nice and flat, all paved and great little fenced off flat area for small kids to ride.. I have a 24ft TH and i wouldn't drag my trailer up that steep nasty twisty road to get stuck up in Penny Pines.

Thanks Skeeter! We live in Brentwood and ride at Carnegie all of the time. My wife and 3 kids all ride.

Looks pretty wet - resource damage? TNF is planning wet weather closures.

I'd say looking at the pix wait until it dries a bit, but I am not the one who has to fix those trails...........

Looks pretty wet - resource damage? TNF is planning wet weather closures.

I'd say looking at the pix wait until it dries a bit, but I am not the one who has to fix those trails...........

No the people whom put on the Cowbell should have

put in the proper pst enduro clean up. The

forest service here has actually done to good

of a job with the four foot blade. Some of

the better trails are now smooth and four

feet wide. Trail one and trail forty are

prime examples. Seems thirty seven comes to

mind as well.

Back to the task at hand. This was the post Cowbell

prize I found the day after.

PB120064.jpg