Sign in to follow this  

cr 500 wheel to xr 650 r

I recently bought a 2001 xr 650r that had been titled for florida strret and have really enjoyed riding it on the street very much,and I would love to trail ride it some,but it has a street type tire,Avon Distan Z1A.My brother has a complete set of wheels and tires,tires like new -Michelins, off of a 97 cr 500 and I was wondering what it would take to put these wheels on my xr. I herd some stuff about axle size,and other stuff? Any help with this would be great.

Thanks ahead of time Jason:ride:

I recently bought a 2001 xr 650r that had been titled for florida strret and have really enjoyed riding it on the street very much,and I would love to trail ride it some,but it has a street type tire,Avon Distan Z1A.My brother has a complete set of wheels and tires,tires like new -Michelins, off of a 97 cr 500 and I was wondering what it would take to put these wheels on my xr. I herd some stuff about axle size,and other stuff? Any help with this would be great.

Thanks ahead of time Jason:ride:

They will work.. the rotor on the 650 is bit larger so you will need to swap um and use the 650 spacers on the 500 wheels just as they came off.. :busted:

The CR front wheel uses a larger front axle diameter than what you have on the XR, and thus will not swap over. (I was thinking '98. The '97s and older use the axle just like the XRs'... My bad!)

The CR rear wheel will fit on the XR axle, I am just not sure if the spacing for the sprocket/brake and hub width are correct. I'd get it and try if no one chimes in that has tried it already.

thanks for the help ,got big hole rotor for rear wheel and works great. fond used wheel on ebay for front. Thanks for info Jason:ride:

Your the man, Is that really a 650R with a title!!! How that thing 2 kick over with no starter?:foul:As bad as a cr 500???

How that thing 2 kick over with no starter?:foul:As bad as a cr 500???

i kick mine in flip flops. it is usually one or two kicks.:thumbsup:

thanks for the help ,got big hole rotor for rear wheel and works great. fond used wheel on ebay for front. Thanks for info Jason:ride:

JBY,

I have a similar question that I previously posted this on the SM forum, then found this thread via a search. What did you have to do to make the CR rear wheel fit? Are you using the CR brake rotor? Thanks