valve job complete tools ?

helo

i just recently own a motorcycle shop ( small bikes 4stroke 110cc-250cc), it does all the standart routine services, and i want to add some specialized works such valve job, and maybe in the future as it stabilizes, (hopefully) will add cylinder boring and honing. Full engine rebuild.

So what kind of tools do i need for a complete valve job in my shop, i,m not talking expensive fully automatic CNC machine, i dont have the financial for that luxury. I,ve come accross 2 brand; Neway and Kwik way. Which one is better for bike shop, plus Do i need all the tools set from both brand ? such as:

1.valve refacer

2.valve guide restoration

3.valve seat cutter

if someone could named a a better ways or brand than those two, it will be great. Thanks

PS: in my town we dont have good valve job shop. Mostly major bike dealers

(Honda,suzuki,etc) does that and usually it will become major engine rebuild ,that expensive.

Den80 from Indonesia

You will need a valve seat cutter. There is a set out there (I can't remember the company that makes it) for motorcycles and small engines that is relatively inexpensive, like under $200 USD. It is capable if doing 3 angle valve jobs. A spring compressor is also handy, though for small engines like a 110 I just use a 14mm socket and push on the retainer to let the keepers fall out. I put them in this way too, but it is a little tricky. I find if you set the keepers in place, then put an old t-shirt over them, then push with the socket then the t-shirt will pull everything into place when the spring compresses enough. A good set of feeler guages and micrometers are also necessary for a good rebuild of course.

Full set of sockets, and wrenches probably up to 1.5 inches or so.... not both sets, just get some large wrenches...

spring compressor, spoke wrenches, valve seat cutter, air compressor, feeler gauges, micrometers, tire irons...

just for regular services... not just valve jobs

thanks kj790, i kook up on google

i,m only a shop owner and have my mechanic to do the job. But i do have some basic machinery knowledge. :busted:

Do you know where can i find a tutorial / literature for valve job, and the kind of works(trouble) will be encountered for it ?

:moon: another questions

Full set of sockets, and wrenches probably up to 1.5 inches or so.... not both sets, just get some large wrenches...

spring compressor, spoke wrenches, valve seat cutter, air compressor, feeler gauges, micrometers, tire irons...

just for regular services... not just valve jobs

i have all those listed, only missing on micrometers, spring compressor, and valve seat cutter.

How about full valve job ? is there a valve job course or DVD i can get

How about full valve job ? is there a valve job course or DVD i can get

there are occasionally advertisements at the top of the screen for maintenance instruction videos