help once again

ok i am about to bye a stock pipe off of a 05 yz250f for my 02, i hope it fits (ill make the darn thing fit). any last minute advice or info.

Read on here the other day you need to change the midpipe to subframe mount. The guy said he just welded a nut in the right place to the midpipe, pretty easy really and a good simple idea.

:busted: Ebay my friend......:moon:

chop 10mm of the back end of the mid pipe. thats how i got my 03-06 fmf pipe to bolt up on the stock mounts. no welding required

chop 10mm of the back end of the mid pipe. thats how i got my 03-06 fmf pipe to bolt up on the stock mounts. no welding required

I ride a honda, so I don't really know how it's all gonna mount up. But if you're gonna be chopping away at the pipe you might wanna consider using a pipe cutting instead of a hack saw.

They should both work good. Just the pipe cutting is a very clean, straight cut.

one looks like this:

http://images.lowes.com/product/017197/017197368776.jpg

I've used one of these babies on my handlebars and it turned out great.

+1 for the pipe cutter, thats what i did anyway

i have a huge mitre band saw that will cut straight and clean through it, and are the stock midpipe connected permenantly to the stock muffler?

I think the 05 muffler will fit onto the 02 header without any mods. In 05, Yamaha still used steel frames, and I believe that the exhaust didn't change much until '06 on the YZ, '07 on the WR.

i got it and it fits but with some intense grinding and rewelding. factory welds are freakin overkill!!!!!!!