Sign in to follow this  

first attempt at the go pro wide..

Looks good! I'm going to batter you with questions now.

At around 10:50 you re-adjusted? The first angle was fine, but personally I am going to aim for just a sliver of the visor on the bottom of screen like you had in second portion. I know it's hit/miss/practice adjusting these, but you seem to have the knack. What method of aiming did you try?

Did you just use one of the stick ons with the "flat" mount? In the shadow it looks like the camera sits higher on your lid than mine does.

What editing software did you use?

How long of an upload was that?

Nice track. Wish I could be riding and playing with my camera right now.

Looks like the cam works fine. I'm going to mount mine today, but on the side of my helmet and see what kind of results that produces. Good job:thumbsup:

Came out pretty good. Especially with a first attempt...

I'm interested in getting a helmet cam and like the quality of the Go Pro but my riding would have that removed from the helmet pretty quick.

I haven't seen one mounted on the bars, will it work there or are the vibes too high.

Came out pretty good. Especially with a first attempt...

I'm interested in getting a helmet cam and like the quality of the Go Pro but my riding would have that removed from the helmet pretty quick.

I haven't seen one mounted on the bars, will it work there or are the vibes too high.

I am also looking for a camera that does not have to be mounted on the top or side of my helmet. There are a lot of trees out there that would love to get their grubby little branches on my camera. Hell, I struggle just to keep the damn visor on my helmet!

Odo, let me know if you come up with something.

The video above looks great, especially for the price! It seems mounted well with good results.

Looks good! I'm going to batter you with questions now.

At around 10:50 you re-adjusted? The first angle was fine, but personally I am going to aim for just a sliver of the visor on the bottom of screen like you had in second portion. I know it's hit/miss/practice adjusting these, but you seem to have the knack. What method of aiming did you try?

Did you just use one of the stick ons with the "flat" mount? In the shadow it looks like the camera sits higher on your lid than mine does.

What editing software did you use?

How long of an upload was that?

Nice track. Wish I could be riding and playing with my camera right now.

acutally i didnt mean to adjust it. what happand is that i took my goggles off and when i put them back on i hit it.. i didnt even notice till i saw i watched the whole thing last night.

right now im just using windows movie maker for my editing softwhere. but will be getting something better. its a good program and does the job. was just a bit confusing at first. you can add music and what not and overlay it on the frames. which i might do next time.

the mounting i used was the curved stick on and i used the hi raise mount. theirs a low rise and a high rise. and when i stuck it on. i sat the lid on the back of the truck.. and then tilted the lid to the way my head sits and angle.. then i simply just adjusted from their. you will have around a 30% tilt back on the camera itself. theirs a few different mounts so depending on your helmet try both. my moto8 has a curved visor so i went with the high rise. going to try the low mount next ride tho.

upload time varries. my computer is slow so it took around 25 mins to compress the file to a 79mb file. then i had to upload it to the site.. which took around 20 mins or so.

if you have anymore ?s let me know..