2005 RMZ450 Missing *Please Help*

I am posting this for a fello rider. From what I understand it went missing Christmas Eve in Dunn NC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post more info about the bike as I get it.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/972013900.html

That's a shame. I've been down that road, and it sucks.

That's the second stolen bike in NC i've seen in 2 months...

I'll check, i hope it turns up

What I did was post notices and signs in my neighborhood and in the trail systems are wherever people ride saying my KX250 had been stolen and that I am offering a reward to anyone who gives me information leading to its whereabouts. I personally offered $500 and also had my cell number on these signs. I put them everywhere and stapled them to trees in the trails for miles around.

My thinking was that the scumbag that was capable of doing this probably hung out with other scumbags and that one of these low life scumbags would want that $500 for himself and would not have any moral issues with ratting his "friend" out.

Guess what? One scumbag called me 3 days later. I was very nice to him, did not ask his name, told him I had no interest in who he was or how he knew the guy... all I wanted was my bike and if I got it back I give him $500. And that's what I did after his story proved true and I got my bike back.

I never told the thief or the police who this person was either. The police are pretty much useless in recovering stolen mx bikes so I had no interest in telling them who the rat was so they could let it out and ruin things for me. I've sen police do this on tv cop shows numerous times to rats... they seem to get pleasure out of it.

So make a hundred signs on you computer with a pic of the bike and post them everywhere you can.

that sucks, im sorry. hope he finds it

Thats a shame! Theres a listing on craigslist that bikes in my small town ( only two stores) are getting stolen I'm scared sheet less!!!

that really sucks.i will keep a look out.

I am posting this for a fello rider. From what I understand it went missing Christmas Eve in Dunn NC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post more info about the bike as I get it.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/972013900.html

My suggestion post the vin # as well. Plastics are easly swapped out.

What I did was post notices and signs in my neighborhood and in the trail systems are wherever people ride saying my KX250 had been stolen and that I am offering a reward to anyone who gives me information leading to its whereabouts. I personally offered $500 and also had my cell number on these signs. I put them everywhere and stapled them to trees in the trails for miles around.

My thinking was that the scumbag that was capable of doing this probably hung out with other scumbags and that one of these low life scumbags would want that $500 for himself and would not have any moral issues with ratting his "friend" out.

Guess what? One scumbag called me 3 days later. I was very nice to him, did not ask his name, told him I had no interest in who he was or how he knew the guy... all I wanted was my bike and if I got it back I give him $500. And that's what I did after his story proved true and I got my bike back.

I never told the thief or the police who this person was either. The police are pretty much useless in recovering stolen mx bikes so I had no interest in telling them who the rat was so they could let it out and ruin things for me. I've sen police do this on tv cop shows numerous times to rats... they seem to get pleasure out of it.

So make a hundred signs on you computer with a pic of the bike and post them everywhere you can.

This is a great idea too. Gas to you 07KX4. I'm glad you got your bike back. It sucks to have to shell out $500.00 but its better than buying a new bike.