RC evolution brace

I have been considering buying one of these for my son, for woods riding. I had a guy at a local shop tell me he doesn't think they really work well for woods riders because they limit your ability to turn your head???? And they are non adjustable so you really can't make them any better, he said they were primarily designed for motocross, not for woods type riding????

My kids and I just got Leatts and they seem to limit to a certain degree the ability to turn your head and look back....I have always tried to teach my kids if they need to look back they should stop and do so as looking back while riding in the woods can cause some mayhem in my experience....

I had a guy at a local shop tell me he doesn't think they really work well for woods riders because they limit your ability to turn your head

I have one and yes, they do limit the amount you can turn your head to look behind to a certain extent.

They are non-adjustable apart from different spacers under the collar section for varying neck lengths.

I'm willing to put up with the negatives in view of how secure it makes me feel.

Horses for courses / to each his own .

Greg

My youngest loves his RC, my oldest and myself cant stand to ride with them. Cant move our heads at all. I have heard that taking off the donut and just using the plastic helps a lot and still protects the neck, but I havnt actually tried it yet. We ride 99% mx though, so I dont know about woods riding, but I would assume neck protection there is just as important