Sign in to follow this  

XR650r Shock

Hola everyone, it has been a long time since I have checked in. My wife and I had our first kid two months ago. What an awesome experience being a father. I can't wait to make tracks with the little guy. He was born 9.5 pounds and 22 inches, now at two and a half months he is 18 pounds and 25 inches. 809894721406_0_ALB.jpg

I have recently acquired a new to me XR650R. It has a Ohlins rear shock and the ride hight seems lower in the back because of the shock and I think I would rather a stock one.

I'd like to get my hands on a stocker to compare. Anyone have a stock shock for sale or maybe trade?

Anyone interested in buying this Ohlins unit?

Cheers and hopefully I will have the suspension sorted out and be in Baja soon.

Congratulations on the new born :busted:

Nice to see you back in cyberspace space too.

I could loan you one off a 06' 650R that I have for sale to get a quick comparison.

Congratulations on the new born :busted:

Nice to see you back in cyberspace space too.

Whats up Eddie. Thank you.

I talked to velcro yesterday and I guess he finally got off his arce and picked up my wheels.

I've received a couple PM on shocks and it sounds like I will have one here soon.

Now, when is the next Baja ride I can barge in on?

Whats up Eddie. Thank you.

I talked to velcro yesterday and I guess he finally got off his arce and picked up my wheels.

I've received a couple PM on shocks and it sounds like I will have one here soon.

Now, when is the next Baja ride I can barge in on?

Easy Boudroux!!!! I got off my fat arce and picked up your wheels from what I think is technically my bike :moon: damn now this is getting confusing. But hey you better not plan a trip down south without me, I am thinking February. Eddie might be interested also in going for a little ride. Good to see you posting again I think the dirtbike bug has bitten again between our friends including Zuber :busted:. I cant wait to get the boys together for a good weekend ride.

Good to see you back and post a pic of the little guy on your new bike. We are also going to do a Feb trip to Baja. I'll send you a pm when it gets closer.

Hola everyone, it has been a long time since I have checked in. My wife and I had our first kid two months ago. What an awesome experience being a father. I can't wait to make tracks with the little guy. He was born 9.5 pounds and 22 inches, now at two and a half months he is 18 pounds and 25 inches. 809894721406_0_ALB.jpg

I have recently acquired a new to me XR650R. It has a Ohlins rear shock and the ride hight seems lower in the back because of the shock and I think I would rather a stock one.

I'd like to get my hands on a stocker to compare. Anyone have a stock shock for sale or maybe trade?

Anyone interested in buying this Ohlins unit?

Cheers and hopefully I will have the suspension sorted out and be in Baja soon.

I would guess either the XR has the wrong shock, or maybe the right shock with a lowering spacer to lower the ride height, for the price of a service I'd have the spacer taken out (assuming it has one) , the Ohlins is 10X the shock that originally came OEM on any bike, I have one on a DR350, and couldn't imagine swapping for the original (but that's just me I guess)

BTW congrats on your first child!