Sign in to follow this  

Is there still some....

I drove by there the other day. There is still a bunch up on the mountain peaks up above like 5000 feet or so. But I would guess that all the snow in the valley will be melted by the 2nd. I was at Dove Springs this past weekend which is the same elevation as Gorman. There was still a little snow on the north facing slopes.

I was up there today. There are still some patches of snow. In fact I didn't even attempt going up Gorman trail, it had a lot of snow on the trail. I did come down it and came across two riders who were working thier way up it. It was a beautiful day out there!

Was up yesterday and if you hit some of the higher altitude trails u should find some patches. On christmas i was up San Fransequito and about a mile up the rail to lake hughes we hit a good foot and a half of solid snow. if you go there im sure there is still some left:thumbsup:

Yep, was at Gorman today too and there is some snow left at the higher altitudes. A bit muddy in spots, but overall great conditions. Perfect temps. Awesome day.

Gorman was great today. High 60s for temp., clear, warm sun, slight breeze, quiet, some snow and mud and the best part not to many knuckle heads cruzin around. For a holiday weekend there where not to many people and alot of open camping sits.

I was there today too and it was great. No crowds and great conditions. There was a huge mud bog on Lower Brome that had about 6 guys stuck :thinking:

Couple customers of mine were there today riding ,said was beautiful day ,sunshine,:thinking: etc,etc...(made me sick-:smirk: ) Im in Cerritos...been gray sky/over cast fog all day ,havent seen anything resembling a clear day what so ever..:smirk:

Couple customers of mine were there today riding ,said was beautiful day ,sunshine,:thinking: etc,etc...(made me sick-:smirk: ) Im in Cerritos...been gray sky/over cast fog all day ,havent seen anything resembling a clear day what so ever..:smirk:

I am in Lakewood and it is colder here than the high desert. Coming home down the 5 when ya hit the 14 it was like driving into a fog wall. Wis I would have seen the 6 stuck trucks but we get off the beaten path and travel up thrue the forest and way back roads. Wish I would have taken the trailer to camp :lol:

tdamore where did you park at today? I noticed alot of people parked by the ranger station as we where leaving and the ranger station was not open at all and we guess it would have been being a holiday weekend but maybe budget cut backs have hit there.

I am in Lakewood and it is colder here than the high desert. Coming home down the 5 when ya hit the 14 it was like driving into a fog wall. Wis I would have seen the 6 stuck trucks but we get off the beaten path and travel up thrue the forest and way back roads. Wish I would have taken the trailer to camp :thinking:

tdamore where did you park at today? I noticed alot of people parked by the ranger station as we where leaving and the ranger station was not open at all and we guess it would have been being a holiday weekend but maybe budget cut backs have hit there.

We parked at the edison campground. The gates usually are not manned during the week or before 8 am on the weekends.

We parked at the edison campground. The gates usually are not manned during the week or before 8 am on the weekends.

Thats right it is still the work week and it was friday. I have lost track of my days due to long vacation but back to the wrench on monday :thinking: