Motocross AND hare scrambles....?????

Hey guys. Went riding over the weekend, both days. Motocross on Saturday, and some single track on Sunday. Long story short, I ride both motocross and hare scrambles. I don't do any huge jumps, but was wondering if there is a happy medium for my suspension. Motocross, it feels like I'm bottoming out all the time. Hare scrambles, it feels like my suspension is ok.

I ride a KTM 250SX, and the springs are stock. I weigh about 210lbs w/o gear. I definitely know the bike is under sprung (front and rear), but am curious if anyone else here rides hare scrambles and motocross, and what they did to their suspension. Race Tech said I needed a .46 spring rate on the front, and stock is a .44.......... Maybe going to a .48 might be a bit better, since when I bottomed out it was pretty hard????

The rear isn't too bad, and Race Tech suggested a P30 spring rate. That is what I'll probably go for. I don't have the money right now for valving, but how much of a difference would that make if I just ge my spring ratings set right?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! :moon::p:busted:

Springs FIRST! Always, always, always. Only after you get the correct springs can you know if the valving needs any work for your riding style.

I wouldn't use the RT shock springs to prop my door open...

What year bike?

2004. BTW, what is bad about the race tech springs??? :busted:

Thanks for your help!!! :moon::p

2004. BTW, what is bad about the race tech springs??? :busted:

They want to recommed progressive only. I along with a lot of tuners like and use straight rate springs and build the progressivness into the internals. I build KTM's for H/S, MX customers all the time and don't use progressive springs. Fix the valving with straight rate springs and you will be happy:thumbsup:

doc

They want to recommed progressive only. I along with a lot of tuners like and use straight rate springs and build the progressivness into the internals. I build KTM's for H/S, MX customers all the time and don't use progressive springs. Fix the valving with straight rate springs and you will be happy:thumbsup:

doc

If I were to skip out on the valving, would you still recommend that I use straight rate springs?

Also, is there anything wrong with RT springs for the forks?

Thanks!! :busted:

I have had 2 different Race Tech rear springs the deflected so much they rubbed on the shock body.:busted:

if you do go with a progressive rear spring you will need to revalve. you cant just throw on a progressive rate spring like you can a straight rate because more than likely your shock is valved for the straight rate. go to www.mx-tech.com and use the spring calculator. I hear that those guys do great work. If you got the money then go w/ Ohlins TTX. its awesome!