Sign in to follow this  

VDR hare scramble 1-4-09 **Posponed untill 1-11-09**

It looks to be a little chilly but hopefully there will not be any snow or ice on the track. Who's going?

I should be there in the team race again.

I will be there for sure. Getting ready for WORCS round 1. Pete, please water the short track!

I will be there for sure. Getting ready for WORCS round 1. Pete, please water the short track!

HE,HE,HE,,,You make me sound like i'm evil:devil:

The gurus are calling for a high of 33 degrees:eek: . Next weekend its going to be in the 50's!!! Move it to the 11th. I'll make it either way but it sure would be nice to ride when its not freezing. I am a wimp.

Later

I am thinking of driving up with my son just to spectate. Anyone know if they charge spectators a gate fee?

$12 gate fee - everyone. - still worth it :busted:

I can't make it - i stripped first gear on my mainshaft last race on the first lap, popping over the log at the finish (and then service honda sent me a bad shaft - grr).. some of you might remember the moron pushing his bike up the hill to the pits - that was me :moon:

I'm thinking about running the trx250r but my shocks are 25 years old and it might be a handfull... (would I need nerf bars to race the quad? anyone know?)

Maybe i'll drag out the old cr125, but after riding a CRF450 with an autoclutch for 4 years, i don't remember how to move my left hand :p

-J

• Like 1

$12 gate fee - everyone. - still worth it :moon:

I'm thinking about running the trx250r but my shocks are 25 years old and it might be a handfull... (would I need nerf bars to race the quad? anyone know?)

Maybe i'll drag out the old cr125, but after riding a CRF450 with an autoclutch for 4 years, i don't remember how to move my left hand :p

-J

The only time you should need nerfs in a hare scramble is the first couple of corners. I would bet Pete would let you race w/o them, altho I won't run without 'em. (factory shocks on the that course? :busted: )

The only time you should need nerfs in a hare scramble is the first couple of corners. I would bet Pete would let you race w/o them, altho I won't run without 'em. (factory shocks on the that course? :busted: )

Those were soooo much fun, you gotta bring it out and run it!!!!

$12 gate fee - everyone. - still worth it :moon:/QUOTE]

Not for this guy. #24 plus a 120 mile round trip is too steep for me to take a 6 year old, who might want to leave after 30 minutes, out to spectate. Would have been fun though. :busted:

With the temp. of 27deg sun.,We are going to postpone the race for 1 week....:thinking: So the h/s will be sun. jan 11th.....

thank you...I can enjoy the San Diego Charger victory on Sunday as well