Sign in to follow this  

Dont know what to do...

Well ive been having minor problems with my kx and am thinking its time to sell.:busted: . First the head would leak water like a water hose... so i replaced the gasket.... didn't help.. put some gasket sealer on it .. now it drips...:moon:.... well.. well i started it up today and it blew radiator fluid out of the radiator cap.. now the bike wont start... what to do?( the gasket is not on backwards..)

well if u sell it .then it will go for real cheap since of that problem. Maybe just throw it at the local shop? and get it fixed

Sounds like you might have a warped head. The fix is to take it into a shop and have the head milled perfectly flat, or get a new head. It should be pretty cheap for a two banger.

As for the radiator cap, you'll need a new one. They DO wear out over time. They're pretty cheap too. Replace those parts and you shouldn't have any problems.

Sounds like you might have a warped head. The fix is to take it into a shop and have the head milled perfectly flat, or get a new head. It should be pretty cheap for a two banger.

As for the radiator cap, you'll need a new one. They DO wear out over time. They're pretty cheap too. Replace those parts and you shouldn't have any problems.

I think your on to something here Kent. The most likely reason coolant is coming out of the radiator cap is a blown head gasket not a bad radiator. There could be 2 reasons the head gasket is blown.

(1) Dont use any kind of sealant on the head gasket to make it seal. On a stock bike the stock head gasket should work just fine without any sealant unless there is another problem. See #2 reason.

(2) As Kent mentioned if the head is warped you will not get the head gasket to seal. If the head is warped take it to a reputable bike shop that knows the specs and how much to mill off the head.

:busted: