Sign in to follow this  

2 Strokes holding strong!

I'm slightly frustrated about the recent news that almost all of my riding group is changing from 2 stroke to 4 strokes. :busted: I just need to know that the 2 stroke community is still alive. I refuse to buy a 4 stroke because of the cost of ownership, weight, how hot they run, the sound, and they don't have that zippy power band. Y'all just lemme know we're still holding down on the 2 strokes!!:moon:

I plan to keep my 01 cr250... although I do plan on buying my first 450 in a month or so. I'll keep the 2t for when the 450:

Won't start

Won't run right

Need 20 hours of maintenance

Needs $5000 of engine work

This thing better knock a few seconds off my lap times!

Still holding strong out here, and even feels like everytime I go to the track theres more and more people with 2 strokes:ride:

Im afraid if I bought a four stroke I would worry about it blowing up and costing me money every time I ride.:busted:

love everything about 2 strokes no 4 stroke ever give me the same buzz.im 43 with a rmx250 and a 1200 bandit the smile on my face on the rmx tells it all for me

i wouldnt bother with a 450 get a 500af still cheap and way more power than that 450

braaap! 2 strokes smell so good. I may be old school, but they just make sense.

I read an article in MX Action that the AMA was going to allow 250 2 strokes to race in the 250 4stroke class... now that would be sweet and would jump start 2 stroke sales.

Ride on

Still strong, I got 250f and a 125 but I ride both alot...been leaning on the 125.

The 250f is just so god dam costly to maintain and a pain the @SS!!!!

I will ALWAYS have a 2 stroke. Only reason i got my Husky was for the plate, to open up my riding options more:ride:

Still holding strong out here, and even feels like everytime I go to the track theres more and more people with 2 strokes:ride:

Im afraid if I bought a four stroke I would worry about it blowing up and costing me money every time I ride.:busted:

+1 thats exactly why I sold my 4 strokes and went back to my 2 stroke 250

Still rockin' two-strokes here too! A Honda and a couple of Yammies. As long as I can still purchase parts for my smokers that's what I will be riding.

I think you all may have seen, but transworld posted that the "rumor" was the 250 two is legal in the 250f class making it just a pure 250 open class.

I saw it on the yami forums, at the site eternaltwostroke.com

Im OLD, I grew up with two strokes,:busted: so two strokes is what I ride.

(My 17 yr old son too)