DRZ 400 Throttle/Revs

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just bought a 2003 DRZ-S 400 which starts and goes no problem.The only thing is when i shut off the throttle it tends to not go back to idle but more like 2000+ revs. Snapping the throttle doesn't change anything but if I "load" the engine by slowly feeding the clutch in slightly (with the brakes on) it then settles down to nornal tickover.I then leave the clutch alone and she ticks over just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nigel

My FCR does it a little bit as well. If I snap the throttle in nuetral it will return to idle but be a little fast. It will eventually slow back down though. It has made it tricky for me to dial in the idle. Is this a fuel screw fix for me as well?

Yes, I would start with a 1/4 turn more open....

Throttle screw didn't work for me.

OK, make sure your clamps are all tight and there are no air leaks.

If they are then I would test your pilot circuit. Basically turn FS in until your bike stumbles and then ope it up until smooth.

Do you have the standard jetting for the TT FCRMX? Pilot air removed, etc?

Yes, standard jetting. What's the easiest way to test for air leaks? A can of starting fluid? Mine is very mild. It will idle a tiny on the high side if I give it a rev but settle down after it idles a bit or play with the throttle lightly.

As stated carb cleaner is safer but starter spray will work, so will WD40.

Have you checked to see I your returning all the way to the idle adjuster? I had an issue like that and it turned out my cable was just a little bound up.

I would also try to adjust idle up and down a little to cure it.

If non of that works, pull the carb and clean it next time you have time and replace the pilot jet.