got a new rmx! well, new to me anyway

Sweet piece oldrmx. Is that a '97? I love the conventional forks. They're all good, but personally, I prefer the conventional units on the 1996 - 1998 models. Although you've raced/ridden it for a while, welcome to the RMX world as a new owner. Congratulations!

wallypix: To post a picture, first you need to open a Photobucket account as oldrmx said, then store pictures there. Go to the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of these threads, click on the little box that looks like it has a mountain and a postage stamp ???, then insert your Photobucket picture link. It will show the URL, but once you click on the "Post Quick Reply" button, your picture will appear.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

120708-2.jpg

Sweet piece oldrmx. Is that a '97? I love the conventional forks. They're all good, but personally, I prefer the conventional units on the 1996 - 1998 models. Although you've raced/ridden it for a while, welcome to the RMX world as a new owner. Congratulations!

wallypix: To post a picture, first you need to open a Photobucket account as oldrmx said, then store pictures there. Go to the "Quick Reply" box at the bottom of these threads, click on the little box that looks like it has a mountain and a postage stamp ???, then insert your Photobucket picture link. It will show the URL, but once you click on the "Post Quick Reply" button, your picture will appear.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

120708-2.jpg

wow, talk about all stock!! have you tried to keep it that way, or changed it back, or have you never had any aftermarket stuff on there?

this is a bike i will most likely never get rid of, my father had pentons and old ktm's and you always hear about, "if i still had that bike"

Yes oldrmx, it's basically all stock. Aside from replacing the original handlebar/grips/hand-guards and seat cover, it's all OEM. The '98's came with white side panels/headlight cover, black radiator shrouds, grey f. disk guard/lower fork protector, and black fork boots. I replaced them with yellow Suzuki OEM plastics, blue aftermarket fork boots, and a blue custom seat cover. (I have all original OEM pieces in boxes). Mechanically, it's completely stock (except 2 teeth larger on the rear sprocket, and the air-box snorkel removed). On my previous '98 RMX, I had replaced the exhaust with an FMF Gnarly and Turbine Core II silencer, swapped the head and base gaskets with RM parts, cleaned up the ports, etc., etc., but this second RMX has remained/will remain stock. I used to race Hare Scrambles in the Florida Trail Riders series, but now I just enjoy casual trail riding, with an occasional fast ride with friends. For that, the stock RMX is perfect, and I love the quiet OEM pipe/silencer. Although Suzuki has greatly disappointed me in not offering any new adult-sized off-road bikes this year, I plan to keep the RMX forever. It has served me well, is an exceptional bike, and has a fantastic racing heritage/history. Some time soon, I will purchase a new ride - more than likely, at KTM250/300 XC-We, put all the original pieces back on my RMX, and mount it on my garage wall. I agree with what your dad says about some of his old bikes, and my RMX falls into that category - but it's staying put! A.J.

I know... it may be a crime, but it does ride better than stock. ?

Hey it's your bike, and if it makes you want to ride more, then it's that much better! ?

oldrmx ~ welcome to the RMX club! I just ordered a few items for my RMX project, but some recent foot surgery has kept me out of the barn. I don't know if it'll look as good as yours when I'm done. But at least it's mine! :thinking:

You could have at least scratched out the name ?

But yeah, thats definitely worth a lifetime in hell!

I did scratch it off...I had to try about 6 different solvents in order to get it out!!! The rest of the cover is a little faded, hence the contrast...:thinking:

Now I have a modern flat & thin layout which has helped a lot with my riding. ?

Hey it's your bike, and if it makes you want to ride more, then it's that much better! ?

oldrmx ~ welcome to the RMX club! I just ordered a few items for my RMX project, but some recent foot surgery has kept me out of the barn. I don't know if it'll look as good as yours when I'm done. But at least it's mine! :thinking:

yea, i bought this off my old man, i have to credit him for how claen it is, but, i will be racing it at least 10 times this year and plan to keep it looking good, we'll see, lol