drz470 power

hi not been on for a long time but still love the drz just had it dynoed only 43 bhp should it be more with the mods i have

470 kit

yoshi cams

full yoshi exhaust

3x3 air box mod

fcr39 carb

dyno guys said they had to lower the jettting down to a 135 from a 160 as to rich does this sound right

still had no luck getting the yoshi cdi (mitsubishi) to work starts but doesnt rev

cheers chris

hi not been on for a long time but still love the drz just had it dynoed only 43 bhp should it be more with the mods i have

470 kit

yoshi cams

full yoshi exhaust

3x3 air box mod

fcr39 carb

dyno guys said they had to lower the jettting down to a 135 from a 160 as to rich does this sound right

still had no luck getting the yoshi cdi (mitsubishi) to work starts but doesnt rev

cheers chris

135mj ???????

im not sure i get what you guys are saying?

i mean, our bikes start more or less on the same baseline...32-35hp..

so 43 is still a not big enough gain over base, right?

i mean mine is around 40hp dyno before cams (stock bore)...

hes got a 470...he should be way over...

Here ,on the North Pole, we have kind dynos and strickt dynos.

Some are known for high numbers others for less.

As stated, for getting a real view on the gain, you need a "before" and an "after" on the same dyno, with similar correction factors.

I have dynoed the same bike with 2 days between (Gixxer k7) and there was 23 hp's at top difference between the 2 dynos(Not even at the same rpms). One measured with din and sae- factor ,the other sae. Since i got the second dyno for free ,and was only looking for better af,I didn't mension the stupid high numbers,but went home and altered my mapping:thumbsup:

im not sure i get what you guys are saying?

i mean, our bikes start more or less on the same baseline...32-35hp..

so 43 is still a not big enough gain over base, right?

i mean mine is around 40hp dyno before cams (stock bore)...

hes got a 470...he should be way over...

they are saying that every dyno is diferent

so to see the gains you need to dyno the stock bike than dyno after all the modds

That is what Eddie did when I first brought my bike to him.

Wheeled it straight onto the dyno and did a few runs for data collection.

After working his 470 magic on engine.. he dynoed the bike again it showed an almost 20 hp gain when the data was compared with the first run.

I thought of doing another dyno run here in Singapore to see if the humidity and tropical sun, white sandy beaches, swaying cocounut trees would have changed the max hp produced by the engine..... but after reading all this.. I think I go Sentosa beach and watch the bikini babes play beach volleyball and sip my cold beer under shade of the angsana trees better.

I could get a reading of 140 HP on the local machine and it all don't mean nutz. :thinking:

470 kit

yoshi cams

full yoshi exhaust

3x3 air box mod

fcr39 carb

cheers chris

i have a 470cc and you need to put a fcr41 carb on :thinking:

i have a 470cc and you need to put a fcr41 carb on :thinking:

He is actually right in the middle of the teeter totter. When you port the head...oversize valve it......and rhc cams....for sure 41 is the way to go...But I think a 39 will be ok here. Ditch the Yosh cdi. They are junk. Put back the stock to start with..... Thats what I have on my SSW 470...Works fine.? :smirk:

Erling

yeah ebrabaek

didn't you have a 8 HP diference between the Yosh rs3 and the Ti Yosh wile Eddie was dynoing your new 470cc ??

Yeppers.......The rs-2 header restricted the flow to 45hp......the TI yeild`ed 53....by the flick of a switch. Eddie was stumped......I had to be defribilated....:thinking:?

Erling