Sign in to follow this  

drz to 625 or 690 smc

Hi, I made my mind up comeing from the DRZ400 supermoto side and will go orange i loved my little drz sm spent a load of cash to get the bhp up and it was fun but just not got it so sold it just over a year ago and been druwling over a 625 smc twin pipe model the question is should i go with the 625 or wait a bit longer and get the new 690 smc i love looks of them both

I guess it depends on what type of riding you really want to do. I have no experience with the 625, but I do with the 690. With a lot of motards you are limited to what you can do with it. Where a 690 is almost like a lightweight sport bike in reliability and ridability. The service intervils are DRZ like, but you have double the hp. At almost the same weight.

I have a DRZ400SM now and my close friend has the 690SMC. And the 690 feels lighter and more nimble in every way. The brakes are fantastic. My DRZ has braided lines with HH pads. And most ride my bike and comment on how great the brakes are. But they feel broken when ridden back to back with the 690.

Again I know nothing about the 625, but I have around 1000 miles in the seat of the 690SMC. Most if not all were track/racing miles. But it convinced me to buy one. I can't wait to pick it up.

From this

0501081007.jpg

to this will be a happy move.

704.jpg

The first time you hit a straight away with a few DRZ's and you wonder were they went, you will understand.

it will be used for a weekend toy mainly on the back roads ,twistys dont do any track days yet but you never no i bet they are a scream 690 looks the dogs just the price is a bit over buget but i can live with a few more months saving just in time for summer if the 625 not going to do it for me

I love my 690SMC more than any other bike I've ever owned. For what it is, it's VERY fast, light, nimble, and just all out fun. I had a DRZ400E and the 690 crushes it in every way possible. No comparison.

nice bike ok so i think 690 smc is top on my list just price is a little high but i dont mind waiting a bit longer im sure the right bike will turn up at a good price so wot sort of top end do they have not that im looking for a lot but just in case :thinking:

Ride the LC4 you will actually be buying. Vibes may bother you.

Kickstarter isn't that useful on a motard, plus you're in the UK so you're never more than 500 ft from a towtruck :thinking:

6th speed on the 690 probably clinches it. Off road my 625 SXC is fine but it's a chore on pavement.

yes been told about the vibes are they that bad been looking at a few used 625 smc they are around £3500 and a used 690 SMC is around £5000 so £1500 is a chunk of cash extra so are they worth the extra

yes been told about the vibes are they that bad

It's the vibiest single in recent production. Whether it bothers you is a personal issue, anyone elses opinion is pointless and irrelevant. Also, the bikes vary a lot (seriously, no two models vibe the same). So this is yet another reason why you need to test ride the actual LC4 you plan to buy. I've ridden maybe 10 LC4s and each vibes differently.

You know the differences between the 640/625LC4 and the 690LC4. Whether these differences are worth the extra money is again totally subjective so someone elses answer wouldn't really mean much. Ride both bikes and make up your mind.