Lets discuss all of the ways to put a rear disc on xr200r

Yeah I was thinking of all that last night as I was laying in bed. Seems like everything is doing to depend on whether I can line the tire up in the center, the sprocket up and rotor up correctly. I think I should be able to accomplish it though. I guess we will find out once I get back to work and can afford to buy the wheel and rotor.

• 1 month later...

I had a few PMs lately about an update to this thread. I had a few things in life get in the way, had a family emergency that required me to be out of town for a week, and I haven't made any progress yet. I am still planning to give this a go, I just need to get a rear wheel and rotor still. I am on the look out for one. I should be updating this thread soon.

• Like 1

Thanks and our condolances for your family emergencies. Most of us have been there and we understand.

Of course for us we are always anxious for the latest info about projects (are we addicted?), but we do understand that life sometimes interfers with our hobbies.

Thanks for the update and we hope your family emergencies have a good ending.

Best wishes.

I am still on the look out for a 90-04 xr250 rear wheel. The rotors are easy to find, it seems the wheel is not so readily available on e-bay. If any of you come across one before I post up I have one will you please let me know. I know a lot of you are really looking forward to seeing me tear into this project and I will as soon as I get a rear wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the pics Chuck. I already have the XR250 rear brake system complete and sitting in my garage. I can find new rotors on E-bay for a descent price. I just need to find the 91-04 XR250R rear wheel. I did finally find one here in the classifieds but the guy wants $200 for it. That's a lot of money for me to spend on a gamble to see if I can make something work. I will keep looking on E-bay for a good deal.