Sign in to follow this  

Sherco parts

I'd say false. I've had no problems getting parts for my customers. Almost every part necessary is in stock, and what is sold out, is generally available very quickly from the factory.

there may not be a dealership up the street like there might be for honda or yamaha or whatever other color bike you like, but i'm sure the parts are just a phone call away once u find out who to call

Someone said that Sherco parts are becoming hard to find. Can anyone support this claim or is it false? Thanks.

I just want to pass along a great thankyou to Ryan Young at RYP, the US distributor.

:) I recently had starting problems with my 2005 4.5i and after trying all the obvious and some of the not so obvious I called Ryan to see if he could offer advice.

He was helpful and said he was pretty sure it was my pickup coil for my ignition. He sent one up to Canada for me to try and only charged me postage with the agreement I would pay him if it solved my problem.

He was correct and my Sherco fired right up. If you are concerned about Sherco don't be. Ryan was great and the Canadian distributor has an amazing stock of parts which speaks highly for their commitment considering they only imported a few units. They lent me an entire shim kit when I was adjusting valves so I wouldn't have to make trips back and forth!

I have waited longer for parts for many previous bikes I owned and I can't say I have run into any parts suppliers as helpful as the folks distributing Shercos here in Canada and in the US.

You can tell by my alias I like Shercos. I have both the enduro and a 2.9t trialer. I couldn't be more pleased with the bikes and especially the support.

shercoman :ride:

Someone said that Sherco parts are becoming hard to find. Can anyone support this claim or is it false? Thanks.

Trials people are great, but there is a small minority that like to gossip and spread rumors. Ignore them.

Sherco Importer RYP has a great record of customer service.

and i think deep inside you know that gasgas rules!its ok big fella we know!

ouch! I had a gas gas once. My doctor said it was something I ate.

shercoman :ride:

I will a generallity I have noticed along all retail businesses.

Stores have cut inventory. Not as willing to stock items that they can order and will be here in a few days. Many places I find that I can get stuff that was normally on the shelf but now is an ordered item. One sample in the store instead of the full range. They sell you the warm and fuzzy feeling that you are getting the special order treatment. They are just keeping overhead low. Here are 2 items, one the correct size, the other the color. Like the color?, that is the correct size?, great I will place the order and it will be here in 3 days, just for you.

I can't say bike parts are the same, but I would expect so.

I have had better luck getting parts for my Sherco than my Yamaha. It is not as easy as getting stuff for my Hondas but I am not going to complain.

I have had “ok” luck with Gas Gas

I really miss my Scorpa I want a stator soooooooooooooooo bad (if anyone has one please)

And you can get anything for a beta! It just takes about 6 months!

And Montesa just bring cash lots of cash!

I have had better luck getting parts for my Sherco than my Yamaha. It is not as easy as getting stuff for my Hondas but I am not going to complain.

I really miss my Scorpa I want a stator soooooooooooooooo bad (if anyone has one please)

Grizz, a local motor shop helped me to rewind a bad coil on an early stator. It wasn't hard to do but did take a little time to count the windings (very fine wire, about the thickness of a hair). I did most of it myself. Once done, he shellacked it and it worked as good as new. At the time, (early 80's) I did find a company that specialized in motorcycle stator repair, Maybe they're still around too.

Try these guys for a stator rewind:

http://www.rmstator.com/en/contact.htm

For Beta, Sherco and Gas Gas up to 2005 parts I don't think you will find anyone has a better stock than Bob at Mountain Motorcycle in British Columbia. Distributors since the 80's when they imported SWM's they import Beta, Sherco and Gas Gas (until 2005). They have an extensive stock of parts going back many years. If you are looking for a part for a trials bike send them an email or PM me for their phone number.

Web page with contact info: http://www.trialsplus.ca/index.htm

I have never had to wait for a part for any of my trials bikes from Bob at Mountain and that includes some odd parts such as air box, fork springs, spoke nipples, decals etc. If you have an older Beta, Sherco or Gas Gas and can't find spares they probably have the most comprehensive stock on North America.

Shercoman:thumbsup:

Ok so I left out a little info on the bike, it is the 1999, 290 easy with the rotax engine.

I have sent the stator to two different places and they both backed off because the wire was too small. Now I am waiting for the guys at the trials shop to see if this guy out of Canada is going to be able to rewind it. (it might be that rmstator)

This a teardown on the engine

http://www.thehellteam.com/information/Rotax-Engine.pdf

link to a thread that I started on thumper talk forum

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748976

When my buddy and I started our trials business we drove 23 hours straight from Maine to Kentucky to meet Ryan and check out his set up. This was in 2001 when he was still fairly new and we found that you could build several complete bikes with parts off his shelfs. We were worried that we would buy into a underfunded importer and get stuck with a product that we couldn't support. We drove back to Maine confident that we had made the right choice!

We were approached by all of the Trials Importers to be dealers, and we did pick up another line but Ryan Young was always the best in the Industry.