Bye Bye BR?

I am in mourning.

I with Madd Dawg with this one. This is sad. I learned how to ride at this track.

As a kid I remember sneeking in through the gravel pit from the canal on my 100. Thats before their was a track. Good memories with my old riding buddies.

Working @ Ottawa Silica killed my Dad. I don't have too much love for the sand companys around their. Talk about companys that lay the land to waste.

Ya now I have to find another good track to ride every weekend.

:thinking::smirk: :smirk: :lol:

Where are we going to go now to ride single track? That was some of the best tight technical single track in the midwest!

That really sucks. I used to ride there a lot when I was stuck living in Chicago.

Wow that sucks. That place was always open and great place to ride.

I am hoping/counting on the fact that Unimin is going to grant a lease to someone to continue operation of the riding park. Fingers crossed:foul:

Where are we going to go now to ride single track? That was some of the best tight technical single track in the midwest!

Yes it is, you have to drive 8 hours minimum to find terrain like that.

Keep us posted if they will be open at all this yr...

It was -is-on the to do list ... Get out there and support your riding areas....Private or otherwise....

This is going on everywhere....:smirk::thinking::smirk:

Nick

and now prosource is closing to what else is goin to close? We already dont have alot of riding spots.

and now prosource is closing to what else is goin to close? We already dont have alot of riding spots.

It sucks for sure only hope it will still be open.:thinking:

Probably not to much demand for sand/gravel the way the economy is going maybe it will be open for a while still........

Pat.

If the Goverment starts shelling out money for road construction like they say they will, there will be a big demand for sand and gravel. It's gettin hard to open new pits, I know a guy that just spent a a mil in legal fees to open one up. So abandoned pits are pretty valuable. It's just unforunate that we are to big of a risk for these big companies to allow us to use there land until there ready to start mining, or use sections that they are not using. after not riding single track for ten years I was really looking forward to going there this year.

Oh that really hurts.I can't think of any other place I'd like to ride.Where oh where do we ride now.I haven't rode anywhere else in two years,I just can't think to spend my weekends at the Cliff's with trucks&4squelers.I'm starting to cry just thinking about it.

Any one here ever get to ride in Sugar grove pit or other wise known as seavy pits? I loved that place back when it was in it's prime, had it all, dirt motocross track, sand motocross track, woods, cliff climbs, quarry we use to swim in. Some times we would go there at night and have a bon fire and a few beers. Yep this new politically correct lawyer ruled world sure does suck.....:thinking:

Pat.

The pits is where I learned how to ride. That place was great...then we got kicked out and they clamped down on everyone and I haven't heard of anyone going there in years.:thinking: I heard last summer that Buffalo might be for sale, didn't really think it would go like that.

First time I rode at Sugar Grove was in 1976! it was fully legal and you had to pay the owner "nickles" to ride there it was a riding paradise to an eleven year old kid!

Pat.