Shelton ride this weekend

I've been craving some shelton single track for a while now, weather is supposed to be nice through the weekend and into next week. Anyone interested?

We'll be out there with work parties getting the trails ready for the enduro so if your out there please be cafefull.:thinking:

Shelton is under water.

We'll be out there with work parties getting the trails ready for the enduro so if your out there please be cafefull.:smirk:

I'd advise steering clear of the entire Shelton area. Trailsweep:devil: , his usual dose of morning coffee:thumbsup: and a machete' :thinking: are a bad combination!:smirk:

I'd advise steering clear of the entire Shelton area. Trailsweep:devil: , his usual dose of morning coffee:thumbsup: and a machete' :thinking: are a bad combination!:smirk:

Andy, you are soooo wrong, Bunnies and Ice Cream Go to your happy place.

sdcc08_jasonplush.jpgsdcc_sloth1.jpg

If your putting in @ the fairgrounds, bring your scuba gear! My jobsite is right off the entrance road, we had 6" of snow on Tues. and it was gone Weds. morning. We also recorded 8" of rainfall on Weds. Rode there after work in late november and it was real wet then!

We'll be out there with work parties getting the trails ready for the enduro so if your out there please be cafefull.:thinking:

When is the Shelton enduro this year? I looked at the NMA calendar, but it still says 2008 ??

When is the Shelton enduro this year? I looked at the NMA calendar, but it still says 2008 ??

I think its at the end of May but I will check and get back to you, also the beginner enduro will be going on some great trails instead of being trapped in the triangle this year so if you know some people that want to try Enduros bring them out!

Andy, you are soooo wrong, Bunnies and Ice Cream Go to your happy place.

sdcc08_jasonplush.jpgsdcc_sloth1.jpg

Wow...how did you get a life size picture of me!!:thinking:

I think its at the end of May but I will check and get back to you, also the beginner enduro will be going on some great trails instead of being trapped in the triangle this year so if you know some people that want to try Enduros bring them out!

Thanks Trailsweep,

I hope to get a buddy out to try a few enduros this year, but he's faster than me(:smirk: kids), so he might like the off road series stuff better...

I don't know if you ride any Oregon events; but anyway they have some '09 events posted already on OMRA site.

I'm also hoping for some good dualsport rides, like Shelton '07 :thinking::smirk:

I'm also hoping for some good dualsport rides, like Shelton '07 :thumbsup::p

not happening this year.. the event host is taking the year off from it

I was always under the impression that Shelton was closed except for events and members of the Pueget Sound Enduro Riders club. Am I wrong? The last couple of poker runs that I was at where good, but seamed like they where different trails than the one time I rode there on a non event weekend.

The trails that start at the fairgrounds connect to a trail system that just keeps going. There are some really great trails out past the trestle.

I was always under the impression that Shelton was closed except for events and members of the Pueget Sound Enduro Riders club. Am I wrong?

Yes. I ride there all the time.

Hey I'm looking to ride some trails this weekend if anyone's interested. I'm in Oly. Checked out a couple roads up at Cap today and they were washed out. No big surprise there.

Hey I'm looking to ride some trails this weekend if anyone's interested. I'm in Oly. Checked out a couple roads up at Cap today and they were washed out. No big surprise there.

Trails are closed there. Head to Tahuya, Shelton for legal trails.:thumbsup:

not happening this year.. the event host is taking the year off from it

That's too bad; maybe I'll see if there are any in B.C, for something new...

Yes. I ride there all the time.

not true.. just because people ride out there all the time, doesn't mean it's legal to do so.. it's private property after all and the official word (for several years now) is that it's closed to public riding, and the only legal time to ride there is during an approved event. Occasionally the area is patrolled, and guessing they haven't done much patrolling lately, but don't assume you can ride out there and not get booted off at any time..

so ride there if you will, but don't tell others it's legal to do so, cuz it's not

I didn't ride any trails (they aren't open this year until May 1st, instead of the usual Apr 1st), just checking out the roads after the rain we've had. Was planning on riding from Rock Candy up and and over to the south side down towards Porter and Waddell.