Sign in to follow this  

450 SXS CDI-box

I just got my sweaty hands on the new -09 SXS/"Factory" CDI-box which is said to deliver more punch,especially from the bottom. I´ll get a change to test it (hopefully... The damned winter is here...) this upcoming weekend. I´ll report back !:thinking:

Sounds good Ville! Oh and Happy New year, it has been a while since i have posted. Let us know how it goes.

I will. Although it´s cold.. I hope it´s somewhat warmer on Saturday so i can go riding. We hardly ever have any snow here in Southern Sweden but it´s so damn cold ( minus 10 Celsius - don´t know what it is in Fahrenheit) i´m worried i´ll freeze my £@ll$ off. But the friendly weatherman promised little warmer weather for the weekend so let´s hope he´s right this time... :thinking:

So i´m back ! I got the thing tested and it sure adds snap in the low end and more power everywhere. In the full tilt-mode (it has the two curve mapping too..) it was almost too much ! I was riding a deep sand track so i got away with it. This time... But it will be too much for hard packed / slippery tracks. I quess i´ll be riding the "soft" mode on those occations.

I would like to get my bike on the Dyno and see what it´s made of with this box,Akrapovic and my perfectly dialed carb & acc. pump.

The thing sure goes like the Millenium Falcon.:thinking: No kidding !

I got it thru the "back door". It is not sold separately but with the SXS engine kit which in turn is really expensive : 3600 EUR + European VAT ...

where and how much?

So the 505 HP output isn´t quite enough ? This box + Your 505 = Trouble.

Although i can imagine it being perfect for those dunes. 👍

So the 505 HP output isn´t quite enough ? This box + Your 505 = Trouble.

Although i can imagine it being perfect for those dunes. 👍

that's the trick with the dunes, it's never too much. Once I added the akrapovic exhaust I could turn a 50 tooth rear with greater ease than my stock 52 so this spring it will be a 48 rear. So you gain some hp and use it up. To just ride and jump and climb any 450 will get you around good but when you want to climb the straight up (as steep an angle as sand will stay put) and do it with ease as others struggle and some fail you need horse power. Then when you line up at the bottom of a 500 foot wall of sand and drag race having power to hold on till the top means all sorts of bragging rights. Your cheapest way to gain hp in the dunes is to lose weight. I've been told 7lbs = 1 hp in the sand. There's a 140 lb kid that rides with us on a stock yzf which is significantly weeker in the sand than the crf kxf or sxf and he still pulls on guys even with bad starts and not great technique. Then there's a 220lb guy that's quite good and he spent 2500 on his crf engine last year to beat me. We were neck and neck until I put on my new exhaust, then he was just mad. I'm going to try to get down to 175lbs by May. It's really not all that serious but is just fun to have one of the fastest rides because everything turns into a race eventually. Ther's one big hill called Granddaddy that you start on the otherside and go down as fast as you can first before you start to climb. I do really well there as I can get into my taller gears on the down hill and really pull away then my bike holds third right to the top (600 feet or so) while others are downshifting. Prior to the dunes I wouldn't have spent more money for more hp but now that I have it it's fun everywhere.

Ville what is the part number for this? I thought you had to buy the SXS Kit to get one?

Yes you do. Like i said i got it thru the back door. So to speak. It´s not sold separately. At least not at the moment. This one has been sitting on a Satellite Team bike before i got it.

Ville; any idea if they would fit the SX atv, I run the new 505 sx atv, it needs more low end mid range push...............

I don´t know. What part # is your stock CDI-box ?? The number is printed on the white decal attached to that magic box.