how long of drive is phoenix from Denver?

Thinking about taking the kids and myself to Phoenix for the supercross race, with gas at 1.35 a gallon its totally doable. How long does it take to drive there? I already checked airlines, I should have thought of this stuff a month ago cause now there are no deals. Is it doable to drive down there Friday night, sleep, watch the races, come back sunday morning?

• Like 2

Thinking about taking the kids and myself to Phoenix for the supercross race, with gas at 1.35 a gallon its totally doable. How long does it take to drive there? I already checked airlines, I should have thought of this stuff a month ago cause now there are no deals. Is it doable to drive down there Friday night, sleep, watch the races, come back sunday morning?

? $261.20 for rt airfair to SLC is damn cheap. Cheaper than driving IMHO. And only a 45-60 min' flight. I fly it every month or so, it's worth it

? $261.20 for rt airfair to SLC is damn cheap. Cheaper than driving IMHO. And only a 45-60 min' flight. I fly it every month or so, it's worth it

Yeah but I gotta buy 4 air line tickets, I think Hit the Set is on to something, I can wait till Salt Late, will have vacation time saved up again, can drag my trailer, ride a track or two, see the race, come on home. Maybe stop by Cainville for a day! Thanks Hit, thats actually a good idea and gives me time to plan.

I would wait until the salt lake round I'm sure that's closer.

Denver to Phoenix 12hrs 53min

Denver to Salt Lake 8hrs 12min I'm very tempted to do that trip to watch a supercross

http://www.supercrossonline.com/shows/Show.2008-06-13.0741

Great idea Bill. I did not know Supercross went to SLC. I was thinking about taking Shane to TX or CA to see one. I am going to plan on SLC race for sure. In fact I am going to get the tickets now to be sure of a good seat...We shoud meet up for the race...Thanks again for the heads up....P.S. took Shane to VDR today, postcard perfect day....62 degrees, sunny and NO wind....perfect day and track..

The good part of the early season races is that everyone is still in the race. By the 2nd to last race the championship could be wrapped up and/or some could be racing pretty conservatively.

Phoenix could be an awesome race. I'm hoping Reed and Vilopoto are going to make Bubba get used to having to battle with somebody, instead of being out front all by himself. I don't think JS is going to like this season.

If it wasn't for those damn supercross finals tickets in Vegas i would be going to this race also:smirk: I used to live 15 minutes from rice/eccles stadiam. An outdoor race in april in slc....i wonder if they will race if it is snowing, that would be fun to watch :thinking:

Ok. You've got me convinced on driving out and hitting up Delta etc. for a day or so on the way back. Myself and two buddies are going to make the drive to the SX @ SLC. Anyone interested in a caravan out there, watch the races, and back to Delta to ride?

Let me know and I'll start putting together a good itinerary for all....

B-