Engine oil drainage hole

The same thing happened to me a while back. The time cert is the only way to go. A mechanic only charged me 10 bucks to put one in. The time cert is solid threads where the helicoil is not and can break and get inside your enine. I have had good luck with mine. Make sure to keep your hole plugged though. you dont want moisture getting in there and what not. But dont try putting in a self tapper. what if you split your case. that would suck.

Chris

A time cert (also known as a brand name Keen Cert) is a threaded sleeve with threads on the inside and outside. So your oil drain hole is tapped oversize, the time cert is putin and some pins that are made in it are staked in to permanently lock it in place. And that's it!! No leaks and even tougher than stock as the threads are now steel. In fact some aircraft applications use them from the factory in new production - not as a repair. The helicoil is just that - a repair. It is a coiled spring that is threaded into an oversize threaded hole. A little locktite and it too would be OK but, it is not as good as the time cert approach.