Trail tire??

Just got a used 02 426 and love it but right now it has a mh3 rear tire and is chunking knobs on the sideways very bad. What tire do you recommend for the trails that will hold up and can get decent life outta it?

A good long lasting rear tire I've used is a Dunlop 952. They last a long time! Plus they grip good and are easy to put on. ?

Exactly what I was going to recommend! ?

My Dad had one on his 300EXC and it shredded in 3 days at Loretta Lynns.... maybe he got a bad tire?... He's pretty aggressive for an old guy, but I thought it would last longer...

As long as you aren't riding in thick mud all the time you could consider a trials tyre.

You would not believe how much better than knobbies they grip in many situations!

I'm currently running one on my '08 WR450F for the first time. I am a convert!

They look gay, but man .... they stick like you wouldn't believe!

Greg

I run a maxxis in the winter time and a trials tire in the drier months. The Maxxis tires are really a bitch to put on yourself if they are cold. The IT is a lot like the Dunlop 756, which is also a good tire, but the Maxxis lasts longer. There are a lot of good tires out there these days though. I have heard good things about the new line of bridgestones as well.

I run a maxxis in the winter time and a trials tire in the drier months. The Maxxis tires are really a bitch to put on yourself if they are cold. The IT is a lot like the Dunlop 756, which is also a good tire, but the Maxxis lasts longer. There are a lot of good tires out there these days though. I have heard good things about the new line of bridgestones as well.

mikey:

I do some winter tire changes, and find that heating up the sidewalls with a heat gun a bit makes mounting a lot easier.

justanotherider