Sign in to follow this  

Can someone make a Homemade Lift for DRZ?

Can someone make me a homemade lift for the DRZ like this one? I'd try it myself but I can't weld very good. Is there someone out there making these?

BikeStand.png

I can't find the post, but someone made one very similar to the one pictured out of 2x4s and claims it has lasted for years and works great. If you search around the forums you could probably find it, its a pretty simple concept.

I can't think who has it but there is a stand that is similar that comes apart that goes in a sack you can keep on your cruiser, was around 70 or 80 bucks but I don't remember, I get like 7 magazines a month and I saw it in one of them, I think it was a product evaluation so maybe check the Cycle, Motorcyclist, Rider websites, it may be listed there under products tested

I can't find the post, but someone made one very similar to the one pictured out of 2x4s and claims it has lasted for years and works great. If you search around the forums you could probably find it, its a pretty simple concept.

might have been me.....

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=62504

it's true. it has lasted for years. i made it in the early 90's for my '86 yz250.

cut it down a bit for drz due to less ground clearance than the YZ.

not pretty, but functional.

i just use this to keep it upright in the garage, as i don't run a kickstand.

ps: i realize i'm missing a case saver bolt in the pic

might have been me.....

it's true. it has lasted for years. i made it in the early 90's for my '86 yz250.

Steve - i may need the blueprints for that baby....i need a stand and i am "frugal" so this fits the bill!!

Steve - i may need the blueprints for that baby....i need a stand and i am "frugal" so this fits the bill!!

no problem 👍

i even have some free 2x4's for ya.......

Can someone make me a homemade lift for the DRZ like this one? I'd try it myself but I can't weld very good. Is there someone out there making these?

BikeStand.png

Have and can... Though not much call from locals to me (shipping not worth it) Dirt bike stands are cheap. I've been making a few street bike stands lately though

One I made for my bike

rear stand.jpg

One I made for a friends bike

small stand.jpg

One I made for my wifes bike

new stand 1.jpg

Done 8 or so in the last 4 months

It's not hard to do if your familure wth metal fab work. If I'm doing a standard design like above.. It's under an hour start to finish (plus paint work if requested)

The fronts are a bit harder to make.

might have been me.....

Yep! That's the one! If you have a blueprints for that stand, please shoot them to me as well 👍

^^^^you have that available in english?^^^^ =)

I found the drawing on the Internet. It looks like somebody converted it from imperial to metric, judging by the point millimeters used in the dimensions.

I had to modify some of the measurements to suit my DR-Z, but all in all it works great!:banana:

Have and can... Though not much call from locals to me (shipping not worth it) Dirt bike stands are cheap. I've been making a few street bike stands lately though

One I made for my bike

[attach]9836[/attach]

One I made for a friends bike

[attach]9835[/attach]

One I made for my wifes bike

[attach]9834[/attach]

Done 8 or so in the last 4 months

It's not hard to do if your familure wth metal fab work. If I'm doing a standard design like above.. It's under an hour start to finish (plus paint work if requested)

The fronts are a bit harder to make.

Hello bronco78, where in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio.