Another Newb from GA

Hey All, New here, just sold my CR for a CRF 4fiddy X. Mine is an '05 model. So far, I really like it. It's a little heavy for the tight trails, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I got a 13 year old boy who rides a CRF 250 R. We ride mostly at Durhamtown and Highland Park. I like the private parks where the trails are all one way, much safer. We're wanting to branch out to Tenn. and Alabama and try some places there. Any recommendations?

I'm in Acworth, off of Wade Green rd.

Scott McConnell

AKA "Crusty"

ps. OLDMAN, .....I'm not putting up any pictures of myself, I saw what ya'll did to ssswingarm.:banana:

Hey All, New here, just sold my CR for a CRF 4fiddy X. Mine is an '05 model. So far, I really like it. It's a little heavy for the tight trails, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I got a 13 year old boy who rides a CRF 250 R. We ride mostly at Durhamtown and Highland Park. I like the private parks where the trails are all one way, much safer. We're wanting to branch out to Tenn. and Alabama and try some places there. Any recommendations?

I'm in Acworth, off of Wade Green rd.

Scott McConnell

AKA "Crusty"

ps. OLDMAN, .....I'm not putting up any pictures of myself, I saw what ya'll did to ssswingarm.:banana:

Welcome Crusty! I'm also in Acworth.

Hello Crusty,

Glad to hear you're liking that '05 450X. I agree about the weight when riding in the tight stuff. I ride at DP, HP, & BR. You'll have to check out BR sometime soon. One way trails is the safest way to go. I'd like to check out Kentuck and Coal Creek, as well as some of the state parks in GA.

As far as what Old-Man did with my picture, no worries, at least he didn't photoshop my bike orange.?

I'm in McDonough. Have fun riding with your son.:banana:

Hey how does durhamtown compare to highland park I rode HP late dec and am thinking about another trip south it cold here in mi.

I think that both Parks have a lot to offer. Hp, I feel, is more for the skilled rider, or the rider who wants to ride some challenging trails. Paul rates his trails like ski slopes using the diamond system, 1diamond-easy 5diamond-expert. Hp has about 28 different trails of various skill level, 1 gp style mx track, 1 pee wee track, 5 (?) rental cabins and Pauls wife cooks some awesome burgers and dogs. Something else that most people don't realize is that HP hasn't been open very long and Paul is doing all of the work himself.

DP trails are generally wider and not as technically difficult, mostly because DP isn't in the mountains like HP. It's very easy to get 4th gear wide open. Once you ride DP, it's hard to go somewhere else because Mike has everything, a pro shop, mess hall, factory trained mechanics, 6 mx tracks, 2 pee wee tracks, 1 bmx bicycle track, cabin and rv rentals, horseback riding, bike and 4wheeler rentals and most importantly.....ems on site to handle any medical emergencies. Mike has been open a long time and he's constantly adding things.

I guess things are a little more personal at HP. I've had Paul work on my bike before and Paul leads "adventure rides" quite frequently. Both parks are great, if you want to be challenged......HP. If you want high speed trails, not really technical.......DP.

Go to georgiaoffroad.com and check out what people have to say about both places.

Crusty