Offsetting a supermoto wheel

Hey all. I have been doing a bit of research on the subject but am getting mixed results. I Just got a set of Warp9's for my drz400 and am running a 160 tire (thats what they recommend from the factory) and it rubs the chain just a bit. I called the guys at the factory and they said to offset it. I dont want to send it back to them so I call upon you fellow TTers for insight. Anyone know how to tighten/loosen spokes properly? I only need about 1/4" and I think it would be fine. Maybe even less than that. Please let me know if you have any advice info!

lefty loosy ritey titey

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

You loosen the spokes on the chain side 1/4 turn and tighten the spokes on the brake rotor side 1/4 turn. Repeat till you have the desired offset. Be precise in how much you move each spoke and careful to keep track of where you are. I srat and finish at the valve. It makes it a tiny bit easier if you let the air out of the tire first.

Hey all. I have been doing a bit of research on the subject but am getting mixed results. I Just got a set of Warp9's for my drz400 and am running a 160 tire (thats what they recommend from the factory) and it rubs the chain just a bit. I called the guys at the factory and they said to offset it. I dont want to send it back to them so I call upon you fellow TTers for insight. Anyone know how to tighten/loosen spokes properly? I only need about 1/4" and I think it would be fine. Maybe even less than that. Please let me know if you have any advice info!

i have Marchesini SuperMoto Wheel on my 2007 drz400sm , with a 160 , the rub was only 1/16 after 100 miles no more rub and no offset needed . looks like a problem with spokes :banana:

I bought a set of SM rims from RAD Mfg. and had to off set them also. The directions that William gave you is all you have to do. Once or twice around and you got it. Maybe take you 30 minutes if you take your time. It did not effect the ride going down the road. It tracks straight & true.