again with the new Sandbox layout (New Richmond, WI)

I've been bad at not putting locations in my titles...

check out this crappy video:

I went yesterday just for a few sessions. I still lacked the seeds for the big step-up. Oh well. It is what it is. I'll do it when the time is right.

The quad dudes were nice guys. They were friendly, we chatted in the pits, and they were willing to give advice for making some of the jumps I wasn't making. It's a different machine, but still, you get an idea of how fast they have to go to make it, you can kinda guess around how fast a bike needs to go.

I had fun. I like the layout for sure. I wish I wasn't such a sally, but I'll either try it or I won't. I'm really glad I don't get paid to ride, or I'd be starving.

I went yesterday just for a few sessions. I still lacked the seeds for the big step-up. Oh well. It is what it is. I'll do it when the time is right.

Funny Steve, I don't even consider it is something for me to clear. I am quite happy puttzing over it.

If you beef up your beautiful, cushy suspension to be as stiff as Matt's, you'll want to try it just to see that suspension move !!!:banana:

I have never been happier w/ the layout the way it is now. I am getting used to the tight track though...which helps immeasurably.

Shawn,

I rode better, faster & longer than I ever have there at the sandbox. It may not be saying much, but to me it is !

I am on day 6 post riding and still slightly sore. I was dehydrated while riding there which took, IMHO, a toll :banana: on me. Regardless, I am still quite a bit out of shape...? if I plan on racing District 23 come March, I mean April, I mean May, I mean Mid June...

I'm not doing too much with bikes at the moments, except for riding the stationary and working out pretty much every other day. Tried firing up the 450 last weekend, but no go. Oil was so thick that she barely kicked over.

So, I'm looking at early March before I get over there. We should look at renting the place. I think it'd be 15 people to break even on costs for a normal day of riding.

Food for thought to break even...

I have a Kerosene / diesel fuel garage torpedo heater if you want to use it. >> Works PHENOMINAL !!!

If we got more, it'd lower the price. I'd just like to keep the group relatively small so we had plenty of track to ourselves.

Thanks, I've got a torpedo heater as well. Just didn't run it when I was out there. Not too worried at the moment.

BTW, I picked up a magazine you might be interested in. I'll get the articles your way in a day or two. Has to do with your summer project last year out in the garage. :banana:

That's pretty cool Steve - too bad YouTube ruins the resolution. I just picked up a helmet cam (Tachyon XC) myself and need to get a little footage of that place. I also want to ride a bunch of the outdoor tracks and even the woods this summer with it on. I think it'd be kind of cool to try filming the reverse perspective too (pointed towards the back of the bike). Especially on a soft track.

That's pretty cool Steve - too bad YouTube ruins the resolution. I just picked up a helmet cam (Tachyon XC) myself and need to get a little footage of that place. I also want to ride a bunch of the outdoor tracks and even the woods this summer with it on. I think it'd be kind of cool to try filming the reverse perspective too (pointed towards the back of the bike). Especially on a soft track.

Also Matt, have someone else wearing the cam, while filming you coming up from behind, or following you. A different perspective. You may end up thinking, "Is my ass really that big?" :banana:

(or maybe, "I REALLY have to get rid of that Super Glue Adhesion seat? cover...!!!")?

You may end up thinking, "Is my ass really that big?" :banana:

(or maybe, "I REALLY have to get rid of that Super Glue Adhesion seat? cover...!!!")?

Well, I better put down the burrito then and walk away - although it could be used as a fuel for some sort of "smoke" screen if you will.

All good points I need to consider.

PS- Besides, my grandma just says I'm just big-boned...husky if you will.

Good deal. Well feel free to PM whenever you guys are going to the Sandbox. Especially if it's on a Tuesday...I have Tues off!

Monday / Tuesday are reservation only, I guess you knew that already.

When Matt, Charlie, Max and myself go, Wednesday is our day of choice.

wednesday for me this week... Got my suspension done by Pro-action... AWESOME!

Kevin, I was bad, I ordered MORE gear. LOL

Good deal on your suspension Max. How is it through the whoops ?

As for, yet even more gear, you should go into the clothing resale business ? ?

Any extra size 11 > 12 boots ?

I have some old fox boots... size 12! Suspension is great. Just picked up a pair of Gaerne SG12's. Best boots Iv'e ever worn hands down. When are you thinkin of riding again?

My Son has outgrown my old AXO hand-me-downs.

Interested in dumping your Foxes?

I have some old Sinisalo jerseys that may fit you...!!!

How much does Pro Action charge for revalves?

I should not ride for another 2 weeks >> I screwed up both knees last time, especially my right, and am still recovering...hopefully I can recover...(???)